Buying enormous amounts of carbon in Barons Rest

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Buying enormous amounts of carbon in Barons Rest

Postby Loke » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 am

Its time to let colonies be profitable again!

Clydes Hangar in Barons Rest buys all the carbon you can produce for 240 credits per ton

Here is what you do:

If you just want to sell with profit at colony:
    -Put up a carbon sell price for anything less then 240 at your colony, give me the name of the colony and my trade fleet will be assigned to buy it. Its that simple! Size of the fleet depends on the colonys production and distance from Barons Rest

You want to use your own NPCs:
    -Send your own tradefleet to sell directly to Clydes Hangar. Tell your npc "trade between <insert your colony name> and clydes", and the npc will find the way (dont need to write the whole name, clydes will do).

Location of your colony:
    -Colony needs to be in a gated system!
But there is so much cheap carbon out there, isnt it?
    -A trade fleet is sent out to buy as much as possible of carbon for sale, to remove most of the too cheap carbon on the market. I dont touch carbon for less than 10 credits per ton, to avoid accidently buying carbon donated for gate projects.
How long will this offer available?
    -The buy order for carbon at Clydes Hangar is currently for 3 billion tons, will be increased when needed. This together with hungry carbon haulers will insure a fair profit for all carbon production for a very long time.
Is there really that much profit in producing carbon?
    -A buy order of 3b carbon at 240 adds up to 720b, pluss all that gets sold from Clydes Hangar and future increase in size of the buy order, should give a good profit for colony builders. A small colony producing 1m carbon a day gives a income of 240 million a day. How high production can you get from a colony? My highest producing carbon colony outputs 21m per day
Anything else that can be traded simultaneously?
    -Clydes Hangar only buys carbon, avoiding npcs getting confused trading something else and being unefficient.

Some of the gates connecting Barons Rest to the network, migth be helpful for planning trade routes from your colony to Barons:
Barons is a good trade location, mostly do to all the gates from MZ3.

See wiki for the detailed maps:
http://wiki.thespacegame.com/mediawiki/index.php/Maps
Be aware that the gate between Barons and MZ3 is currently missing on the main wiki map.

If you are a carbon hauler, feel free to send your fleet to buy carbon from Clydes Hangar and move it to your own OSB in MZ3 (only 1 jump away) or other locations for quick hauling. Sell price is 250 per ton, buy price of 251 at your OSB will do.
Hauling directly from Clydes Hangar is not adviced, as the loading time will be too long for efficient haul.
If you dont have your own npcs to get the carbon with, I can send those that are not occupied to supply your OSB, but buying from colonies have higher priority so I wont always have available capacity for this.

Ill register how much carbon is for sale at Clydes Hangar and put it into a chart and use it as an indication of the amount of carbon there is on the market.
Last edited by Loke on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

davh62

Rank

Captain

Captain

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: Carbon Market in Barons Rest

Postby davh62 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Great idea Loke.

I have just sold all my carbon to you there to free up my haulers there to other regions. I figure that now your mz3 carb only really costs me 60cr each. I will continue doing business as usual there.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Carbon Market in Barons Rest

Postby Loke » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:15 pm

davh62 wrote:Great idea Loke.

I have just sold all my carbon to you there to free up my haulers there to other regions. I figure that now your mz3 carb only really costs me 60cr each. I will continue doing business as usual there.

Thank you.
Yes, it will cost you 60 buying it at MZ3, the 100million you sold me today and all future carbon you sell here for 240. My sell price in MZ3 will be 300, but a decreased amount from what it has used to be, all trade appriciated as always. All you trade is a great support for creating more profit to colonies.

All haulers are adviced to put up a buy order at 251 at their own OSB (much quicker autopilot) and send their NPCs to Clydes Hangar to retrive the carbon.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427