Loke's markets and trading

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Loke's markets and trading

Postby Loke » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:45 pm

RAM wrote:RAMpark(MP) is now producing 140k fruit a day. You can go ahead and start picking up there if you want. I have 3 more domes I will place farms in so I will be producing about 280k a day once I get them in and Offices constructed.

Good. NPC is already on the job.
Just visited your grain colony RAMhome, my NPCs are delivering meat, veg, beer and sewage to it, so production should be very good there now. You can lower your buy prices though, for example 32 is enough to get sewage.
Food distribution is trading large amount of sewage everyday as well as food, so a good source for that. Beer and other T2 is only small amounts, to avoid NPCs loading large amounts of it and then never have space for food.

Updated first post to better explain what I try to do with Food distribution.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 pm

How is the fruit supply going? I am close to producing 250k a day. I am ecking up my efficiency. I am also researching enhanced production on the farms. I can get close to 300k a day with existing structures. Will more be needed?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Fruit demand is higher than supply, even with the extra production we had lately because of the 14million tons of sewage from STAG mining. My own fruit production has been almost 1 million per day due to more fertilizer, but is gonna fall back down to its normal 5-600k. I do produce 1.5 - 2million sewage per day, but its not enough to provide a constant supply of fertilizer. Also much of it goes through Food distribution and gets distributed to others as well.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:59 pm

A tip for using NPCs to supply food:
A NPC can be ordered to trade between several locations, which can be very useful when a NPC Lev is overkill to bring a small load of food per day. For example I can order one to "Trade between food_dis and fruitcolony and food_dis and graincolony and food_dis and grapheneOSB"
NPC will then load up from Food distributon everything fruitcolony needs of food and sewage,
then supply fruitcolony and bring the fruit that is sold there back to Food distribution,
loading up food and sewage before going to grain colony,
after supplying graincolony its back to Food distribution with grain
and last trip is supplying grapheneOSB with foods and bring sewage back to Food distribution.
Then start from the beginning.

Making 1 NPC do the work of 3.

Also by sending NPC to trade with a SM like Food distribution they can only trade food, decreasing the chance they buy stuff they cant sell and become inefficient cause they're cargo is full.

I have basically changed my NPC trade routes like this:
Where circles are OSB/colonies and red lines are trade routes between them, and Food distribution is the one added in the middle.

Believe it or not, but I was able to make that masterpiece of a picture in paint, all by myself! 8-)
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:17 pm

Updated nio tin chart.
Been quite a bit of trading lately, really happy with that. Some others buy orders have been pushing prices up. I have been supplying the market with large amounts lately, to keep prices low enough so its profitable to buy nio and tin and make coils to sell.

Food stocks are mostly the same, hopefully most people can get what they need, even though stocks are pretty low. I just increased meat price to 150 to hopefully increase availability of that.
Great to see there has been good amounts of trade here as well lately.

In general we see increased trade at our SMs, very enjoyable :)

And don't forget, hauling to Ceres from Warpless Trade in Njord is twice as fast as from any other OSB.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:53 am

Added another sheet to my mining yield spreadsheet (link in my signature).
Now you can input the cargo size of your ship and it will tell you how much you will get from first to fifth roid you mine. It excludes the wasted yield of hold fillers, so you only see what you will actually get in your cargo.
It assumes magnesium is ejected before mining another angrite, only counts mag from the last one you mine, since that is also what you can bring back home. For example, if you mine 3 angrites, it will calculate yield on second and third with decreased cargo space because of the tin from roid 1 and 2, but not any of the mag from 1 and 2. Mag from roid 3 is included in the table for third roid, so you see it there in the cargo and value numbers for third roid. Then the mag from roid 3 is removed before calculating fourth roid and so on.

You can also set the prices for each item and see the value you get from each roid and the total value of the cargo when mining up to 5 roids without going back and unload from your ship.

Its useful to see how many roids you can mine of a type before limited cargo space is wasting too much of the yield per roid. For example I see that when mining angrite I get 6.7k tin from the first, 6.5k on second, 6.3k on third, 6.1k on fourth which is when I stop and unload, because a fifth roid will waste so much it only yields 5.9k tin.
I can also see that I get to keep 37k mag from the fourth roid and my current cargo then is worth 3.9 billion

The sheet became bigger and messier than I had hoped, cause its so many numbers (I regret adding all roid types), but I share it anyways, could be useful if anyone is mining for credits and wonder what type they should mine.
I also use it to see how fast a field will be empty, since I can see that with my old fields I should stop each mining trip after 3 autonite, 4 angrite or 5 colombite to avoid too much waste of yield.

============================================================================

In other news, nio price seems to have increased slightly, currently up to 90k, while tin seems stable at 140k atm.
Because of that I increased my buy price for coils at Fragmented Trade port to 120k. Currently it costs 92k for the nio and tin needed per coil, so should give a nice profit.

Food stocks seems a bit better now, hopefully everyone can get what they need from Food Distribution.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:39 am

1 more ton and the last high priced bugged nio buy order is finally gone:
In a day or 2 Atlantis will be gone from that list and the highest prices will be places you actually can sell to! :D

1 SM bug vs another = 1 less issue!
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Just another update of Nio Tin Market price chart in first post, so I can spam my own thread :P

Tin as usual at higher price than Nio, but if you are limited by ship cargo space while mining, its probably still more profitable mining Nio. Also there is more Buy orders to fill for Nio (950k) before price starts dropping, compared to tin (25k):
Previous