FG Munitions HD's & Shipbuilding CLOSED

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: FG Munitions HD's & Shipbuilding OPEN AGAIN!

Postby davh62 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

RAM wrote:
PopeKael wrote:So.... Who else has looked at this attack system and worked out the best loadouts.

Combat is int he middle of a complete rework, so several things are wacky right now.

One cl10 is better than 2 cl 9 lasers. The reason is the laser has to punch through the shield and armor to cause damage. If the laser is small enough it can bearly punch through these, there is little left to do damage.

One hard hit, punches through both and does hull damage, to your opponent or your ship. Axials are useless unless you are a really good shot. They fire fast lower power hits. Although the concept is that the next hit comes before the shield generator has a chance to fully recover, it still lowers the damage done. One also has to be able to hit the target while piloting. A turret or broadside will aim for you while you pilot. You can turn some and they keep locked in and fire when they will actually hit something.

Having a shield and armor the level of the ship you are on is important. Finding the largest laser that will fit in the cargo left is best. Using two works well also. I use a Mammoth with 2 cl 12 lasers and clear our most ships Archon and lower with one hit in system encounters.

I have several cl 12 broadsides I could loan you and let you try them. If they work well for you, you can buy a few from someone. I will post a couple in Cabal this morning. See if they work better for you.

Although it pains me to say, the ramish one is correct. In the current game state I would drop the armour to class1 as well. I will await an amendment on your order? Or do you want to borrow the ramish potato guns? :D
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 pm

RAM wrote:I have several cl 12 broadsides I could loan you and let you try them. If they work well for you, you can buy a few from someone. I will post a couple in Cabal this morning. See if they work better for you.

Thanks RAM
I've put those 4 items back on the shelf for you to pick up at JanusA at your convenience. I'll now look at a different strategy for an attack vessel to use in the game.

Here is my summary of the flight mechanics against the PVE pirates.
1. It looks like the pirate ships are only fitted with Axial Co2 Lasers for their class of ship. They might be cl+1 as it is not easy to determine their DPS from the missions I ran
2. Given that they only use Axial, their AI aligns the ship directly at you to fire. This is quite evident in the fact that if they are coming at you and they are 10k out, they will play chicken and ram you as they fire.
3. The technique to win the battle is to never look down their cross hairs so you need to use radial flight mechanics to keep them within your firing arc but never head on. This is the real art of the attack run and quite a challenge. I should get around to doing a training video to show how this is done.
4. Waervyn's combat videos are misleading in the way he places multiple cl4 weapons on a cl9 vessel which is where I was hedging my bet. I would still like to test this out, but maybe only if Jam rejigs the PVE combat system - given the speed that game mods are running, this probably won't happen before I can actually make my own weapons anyway - LoL
5. Weapons, Armour and Shields need to be calculated to fit on each specific hull. I'm going to hedge my bets on using a cl+1 for Armour and Shields for the ship I use in combat. Here lies another issue where the larger ships take a lot longer to turn and find the right angular velocity to get within firing range while staying out of their direct line of attack.
6. Right now, the largest ship I can use is my Guardian, but that ship has a real problem with front facing vertical mount points to keep all the weapons in the same firing line. This is a critical part of fitting the weapons and using only one type of weapon is highly advisable. Mixing weapon types is not advisable as the targeting PiP's will not align at the same point at the same time if you are moving in the firing arc.
7. Given this, it now comes down to having a higher firing rate with less damage and faster target vs slower firing rate with more damage and slower targeting. This is again something I would like to do more testing on, but I'm leaning to the bigger single kill shot.
8. If you can get enough mount points on the vertical leading faces of the ship, the 90 degree firing arc might actually get a few more shots off on an attack run as well, but I haven't been able to run enough missions where I can see the differences.
9. I have completed the PVE story arc and made the level of Commodore R3 which looks to be the highest, but there may be more ranks after that. The R3 missions are paying out 53mil credits, so I doubt they will run higher than that. The largest ship they throw at you is a CL12 Seraph and that took a few attack runs to kill. I'm not sure if the game glitched but I killed the ship and it either respawned or there was 2. The second didn't show up until after the first was killed.

Anyway, that's all my reasoning behind this new loadout request.
1 x cl 11 Armour Plate (1707t) = [10t/10n]
1 x cl 11 Shield (1707t) = [592t/592n]
2 x cl12 Broadside Co2 Lasers (3414t ea) = [1600t/1600n]
5 x cl11 Broadside Co2 Lasers (1707t ea) = [400t/400n]

So, if your front page costs are still current, that should come to 2602 Tin and 2602 Niobium

Let me know if that is correct and I'll send it across.
“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 pm

PopeKael you new order is under construction. ETA 21/5 10am GMT.

I can tell you there are several methods that work to defeat the combat missions and Pirate encounters. If is possible to beat 10+ pirates solo. We have no idea of their armaments at present I believe the bigger ships have higher than class one weapons. For weapon, shield and armour values see my charts imbedded on the wikki here-http://wiki.thespacegame.com/mediawiki/index.php/Weapons
Weapons currently rapid fire in the current build but this wasn't always so hence you will see a "cool down" heading which is currently irrelevant. We hope for a complete re-work of combat in the future to make encounters more realistic & dogfighting fun!

Many thanks for your continued patronage. I hope you will consider joining the FG ranks officially!
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:23 pm

For those Of you waiting for the Class 16 release. I am able to build you off the shelf 16 mods in readiness for the hull release. PM for t/n pricing. I will also take Gems and Neuro as payment, which can be negotiated.
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Sat May 20, 2017 1:20 am

Oh, it was very late last night and I just realized all the edits made before posting weren't complete.

The final build on the Guardian will be:
1 x cl11 Broadside Co2 Lasers (1707t ea) = [400t/400n]

Which should come to 2602 Tin and 2602 Niobium :-)
If you can't stop the production of the other 4 cl11 Broadside lasers, don't worry, I'll take them as I'll be able to play around a bit with the loadout to see which works best.

Just give me the final price - LoL (I can cover it)
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:01 am

PopeKael wrote:Oh, it was very late last night and I just realized all the edits made before posting weren't complete.

If you can't stop the production of the other 4 cl11 Broadside lasers, don't worry, I'll take them as I'll be able to play around a bit with the loadout to see which works best.

No problem Pope I can hold the extra in stock or put them on the gm for other players.
no avatar
User

ChillSwitch

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sat May 20, 2017 9:19 am

Postby ChillSwitch » Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 am

Hi Dav,

Could I please get a quote for an Archon with HD along with:

- Class 10 ram scoop
- Class 10 mining beam

I'm in build mode for the next little while so I'll place an order for shields and wpns later on

Cheers

Chill
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:46 am

ChillSwitch wrote:Hi Dav,

Could I please get a quote for an Archon with HD along with:

- Class 10 ram scoop
- Class 10 mining beam

I'm in build mode for the next little while so I'll place an order for shields and wpns later on

Cheers

Chill

Hi chill. Many thanks for your order.
I have started building your archon. You did want a HD with it I assume?
Unfortunately I haven't researched MB and RS so cannot build them for you. Have a word with Ram for those.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 am

davh62 wrote:
PopeKael wrote:Oh, it was very late last night and I just realized all the edits made before posting weren't complete.

No problem Pope I can hold the extra in stock or put them on the gm for other players.

Your oreder is complete & awaiting collection at Veritas Popekael.
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Sun May 21, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks Dav,

I've picked up the modules and dropped of your T&N
:)
PreviousNext