FG Munitions HD's & Shipbuilding CLOSED

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Re: FG Munitions HD's & Shipbuilding OPEN AGAIN!

Postby davh62 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 am

PopeKael wrote:Hi Dav,

As per my essay from last night (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3409), it seems to me that you have the monopoly on ship equipment specific to the PVE part of the game.

What I now object to is that your front page list does not have the items that I would like to request, and your items are not listed in game credits. This does not make sense to me at all because there is clearly a fiscal system within the game so it should be used.

I would like to purchase:
1 x class 9 shield
1 x class 8 Axial Carbon Dioxide Laser
2 x class 9 Broadside Carbon Dioxide Lasers
2 x class 9 Turret Carbon Dioside Lasers.

If my calculations are correct, that should all fit on a Hammerhead and clearly out class the ships in the current mission on the PVE storyline.

How much does this cost?

Good day Pope. Many thanks for your enquiry. My shop only re-opened yesterday as I felt there was no permanent source for new players who wanted weapons. It's been opened out of necessity, not because I really wanted to start it up again. I would rather have devoted my time to other stuff in game, which is why it shut many months ago. The shop does state that enquires are required for any class below 10. Please note that I do not accept payment in credits, they are of no use to me as I am a major gate and TF builder. My pricing encourages mining, as Tin and Niobium is really the commodity that has real value in game.
You are indeed correct the items you have listed will fit on a hammerhead. Would you like me to provide you with a total T/N price for all?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am

davh62 wrote: My pricing encourages mining, as Tin and Niobium is really the commodity that has real value in game.
You are indeed correct the items you have listed will fit on a hammerhead. Would you like me to provide you with a total T/N price for all?

I do have a stockpile of Tin and Niobium so I'm not concerned. I am just pointing out the obvious shortfalls of the game where only one person is supplying these items on request. No offence intended but if this game had any chance of scaling up, a proper fiscal policy needs to be standardized.

That list above is the fit-out I would like to try so what's the total damage in T/N.
“The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:26 pm

PopeKael wrote:
davh62 wrote: My pricing encourages mining, as Tin and Niobium is really the commodity that has real value in game.

I do have a stockpile of Tin and Niobium so I'm not concerned. I am just pointing out the obvious shortfalls of the game where only one person is supplying these items on request. No offence intended but if this game had any chance of scaling up, a proper fiscal policy needs to be standardized.

That list above is the fit-out I would like to try so what's the total damage in T/N.

No offence taken Pope!
Your total for the complete order will be 350 of both Tin & Nio. I will start building if you are happy to proceed?
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Thu May 18, 2017 4:16 pm

davh62 wrote:No offence taken Pope!
Your total for the complete order will be 350 of both Tin & Nio. I will start building if you are happy to proceed?

Ok, i've put that out in Apollo :-)
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” ― Douglas Adams
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:20 pm

PopeKael wrote:
davh62 wrote:No offence taken Pope!

Ok, i've put that out in Apollo :-)

Tyvm for your business. Our FG operatives have started manufacture. Your goods should be ready in 9 hours. But due to trade union rest break rules, will be available 8am GMT.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 pm

PopeKael wrote:Ok, i've put that out in Apollo :-)

I looked and could not find it. :P
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 am

RAM wrote:

You just keep you sneaky little fingers out of Dav's piggy bank OK!
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:34 am

PopeKael wrote:
RAM wrote:

You just keep you sneaky little fingers out of Dav's piggy bank OK!

:lol: Your order is complete PopKael. Collection point Veritas. Many thanks.
User

PopeKael

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Bangkok

Postby PopeKael » Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 pm

davh62 wrote: Your order is complete PopKael. Collection point Veritas. Many thanks.

Thanks Dav.

These units worked quite well on the Hammerhead but the whole weapons systems seems quite unbalanced. Dave was telling me that the enemy with lower classed ships had better weapons and armour which seems strange considering I had the larger ship.

The only reason I managed to take out the opposing Hammerhead was pure luck as on the second pass, I destroyed the enemy with weapons and ramming speed (Dave warped me out but I took out the enemy)

The next mission I went up against their Mammoth which is a ship class above the Hammerhead and that ship was clearly better than me. I moved the weapons over to my Mammoth but admittedly, these are cl9 weapons and shields on a cl10 ship, but the enemy looked to be one shot killing me or damaging me enough for Dave to chicken out. This whole PVE fight system is totally weird. Even me running on a Hotas with skill has no chance of taking out that enemy ship.

So.... Who else has looked at this attack system and worked out the best loadouts.
Given the number of times I've tried that cl10 battle, I'm given to wonder id bigger weapons are the answer. I'm inclined to think that more smaller weapons have the advantage as they recharge faster.
The tracking speed of these weapons is useless in a battle on the large weapons anyway.

I've reached the level of Squad Captain so I am assuming the cl10 enemy battle is the last in this mission arc, so I only need to take out this last ship and I've completed this mission set.

I feel that given we can put up to 49 weapons on a ship, and the Mammoth makes it easy to have front facing weapons (and a lot of them mind you) that more faster charging faster tracking weapons have the advantage. Of course, this is where having an infinite selection of weapons would make it easier to test.

The Mammoth stripped down to essentials has a 5977 ton capacity, so I would first put cl11 shield and armour on the ship (3414t) and that leaves me with 2563t to fit weapons. I'll keep the cl9 axial laser as my point and shoot and then put on 10 cl8 weapons.

So, here's my order
1 x cl11 Shield
1 x cl11 Armour Plate
6 x cl8 Turret Co2 Laser
4 x cl8 Broadside Laser

That should all fit on the Mammoth. How much Tin & Nio would that come too?
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri May 19, 2017 1:56 pm

PopeKael wrote:So.... Who else has looked at this attack system and worked out the best loadouts.

Combat is int he middle of a complete rework, so several things are wacky right now.

One cl10 is better than 2 cl 9 lasers. The reason is the laser has to punch through the shield and armor to cause damage. If the laser is small enough it can bearly punch through these, there is little left to do damage.

One hard hit, punches through both and does hull damage, to your opponent or your ship. Axials are useless unless you are a really good shot. They fire fast lower power hits. Although the concept is that the next hit comes before the shield generator has a chance to fully recover, it still lowers the damage done. One also has to be able to hit the target while piloting. A turret or broadside will aim for you while you pilot. You can turn some and they keep locked in and fire when they will actually hit something.

Having a shield and armor the level of the ship you are on is important. Finding the largest laser that will fit in the cargo left is best. Using two works well also. I use a Mammoth with 2 cl 12 lasers and clear our most ships Archon and lower with one hit in system encounters.

I have several cl 12 broadsides I could loan you and let you try them. If they work well for you, you can buy a few from someone. I will post a couple in Cabal this morning. See if they work better for you.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
PreviousNext