Nio and Tin Market in MZ3

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
User

Loke

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Nio and Tin Market in MZ3

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:24 pm

A new market for Niobium and Tin exhange just opened in Menzel 3

This is a market where the best price available for both selling and buying adjusts automatically to supply and demand! Meaning you always get the current market price!

There might be a few changes or adjustments after I see how this will work. Also open for suggestions and ideas for improvements.

Purpose:

-Track and record Niobium and Tin prices, and make a chart to show how the prices develop over time. The chart will be posted here.
    -Increase availability and trade of Niobium and Tin
    -Make it easy for players to know what the current market prices are at any time.
    -It is NOT in any way ment to influence market price one way or the other

Stockmarket limitations:
    -Changes of amounts available for sale for each price step only updates when someone clicks on sell button for that spesific price, all other price steps will not update until each are pressed. Same goes for buy prices. One tip is to sell/buy just one to get amount updated.
    -Unfortunatly the next price step will only be visible after the owner of the OSB is visting, meaning there will be a delay after a price step is filled, before better prices show up when I log in next time
    -Currently each step in price has 100k difference in amount, limiting how much are available for current market price at any time. This will hopefully be increased in the future as I am able to expand market stocks
    -Be careful what you click on! Due to how price/amount have to be listed, the list is always long and its easy to accidently hit the wrong button and buy/sell at wrong price, getting a bad deal.

Price development
Last edited by Loke on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Fraaggii of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Kroll, Skadi and Darkfield
Senator Loke of Niu Heimar
User

Loke

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Re: Nio and Tin Market in MZ3

Postby Loke » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Resvered for future stupid text

just refreshed market, prices are now 150k per ton
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:48 pm

:mrgreen: What are you going to do when RAM converts LM nio and tin buys to nio and tin sells?
User

Loke

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Loke » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: What are you going to do when RAM converts LM nio and tin buys to nio and tin sells?

Personally if that happens I would probably find a reason to make a new colony or something, I always find new goals and projects. But to answer a little more on topic, if prices drops, more price steps will be added, all the way down to 10k per ton if needed. Or if prices are going up I will keep adding higher prices as needed.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Moneyman wrote::mrgreen: What are you going to do when RAM converts LM nio and tin buys to nio and tin sells?

One, he president could not reverse a buy order to a sell order. Second, Jam has stated before that he plans to to have nio and tin only mined. No other sources of supply for them. Third, I would not want the SS to sell nio and tin. I agree with the concept that a human needs to be in control to acquire these and a few other materials. This means someone has to invest game time to get them. Not always the person using them, but someone has to.
Ban cheese slicers. Make Apollo Sector grate again!
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Moneyman

Rank

Commander

Commander

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

:mrgreen: Thanks loke and ram for your response. Moon had a lot more interesting things to say.

I was just teasing you loke ... I'm pleased that you are working with jdw ... jdw is always a friend.
User

Loke

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Loke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Moneyman wrote:I was just teasing you loke

Used the opportunity for a reply explaining how this market is designed to handle major price changes.

Added chart to first post.