New Ascent storefront screenshots needed.

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

New Ascent storefront screenshots needed.

Postby davh62 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:38 am

Ladies and Gents. I was talking to Jam earlier with regard to the game storefront. If you go take a look you will see that the screenies and video are of the old UI and don't truly represent the current game as is now.

I suggested that we the community could help by collecting our own screenshots and submitting them for approval to Jam for potential storefront. Jam has endorsed this idea providing they are good quality.
Now I'm hoping players with better knowledge than me will jump in and suggest how we go about this. My own suggestion is that we post them here in the lower quality and keep a higher resolution version for posting direct to fluffy kittens studio if your picture is selected?
We could even have a little prize competition from 1st to 3rd if players want and offer mats/creds mods in game?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: New Ascent storefront screenshots needed.

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:37 am

I'd like to help with ths project, but I am unsure how to go about posting lower quanity images to the forum and keeping higher quality images for posting to the storefront. I use Lightshot to post images to the forum and do this by uploading them to the Lightshot web page and copying the image address to the img tag in a post. Can someone let me have the instructions to do as davh62 suggests above, please?
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:49 am

Mooncrest wrote:I'd like to help with ths project, but I am unsure how to go about posting lower quanity images to the forum and keeping higher quality images for posting to the storefront. I use Lightshot to post images to the forum and do this by uploading them to the Lightshot web page and copying the image address to the img tag in a post. Can someone let me have the instructions to do as davh62 suggests above, please?

The original format taken by your "Selfie read Screenshot" button, placed your screenshots in a folder on your computer, the changes you make to the uploaded file do not affect the local file, so you have them stored already.

In Steam use the View/Screenshot to view on disk where your pictures are stored.

If you link your screenshots on your Steam account to the game and use the screenshot uploader within Steam they will show up instead of the ones showing on steam and in that sense FKS dont have to approve any pictures.

And Jam should make a new sticky thread for where we post screenshots for Jam to use. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Any support to my just cause! :)
Can be given in form of Iron and Carbon at Route 6 planned gateway to Route 666
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanjs Mizuk. I'll give that a try.
no avatar
User

Sciriez

Rank

3d Artist

3d Artist

Tue May 27, 2014 7:45 am

Postby Sciriez » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:41 am

Hi all!

First, a very excellent idea! Thank you greatly, Dav.

I'm all for this as well. You guys experience so much more of the game than we do, and can reach out and snap pictures of weird and wonderful or colonies on a grand scale. Really good idea, last time I had to ask the community for hyperspace coords for nebulae and such, this is far more direct.

If I could insert some ideas here, having a series of categories could be of use. For example; colony/starbase, nebulae, inner-9, outer-space, mining etc. Having a variance of ships from third person would also be really nice, though first person is definitely cool.

A screenshot saved as a .png is what we've used often in the past. The clipping tool is very useful, though that might only be possible for those with two monitors.

I'll take a peek in here as well at anything that's posted. If you decide there's an image you collectively think shows off the game, or I really like something posted, you can email it directly to me and I can just give Jam final shots to be uploaded/upload them myself, if you think that would be easiest.

Happy hunting! Can't wait to see what you find!
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Sciriez wrote:A screenshot saved as a .png is what we've used often in the past.

The Screenshots taken by the Steamoverlay "F12" makes .Jpg files. :shock:
Which means if you want .Png we have to convert the files. :o
We have no ingame screenshot function otherwise.
Otherwise we have to use a capture tool and set setttings to .png when taken. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Sciriez

Rank

3d Artist

3d Artist

Postby Sciriez » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:57 pm

If you prefer to use the steam printscreen, by all means just do that. I'm a little old-fashioned and just rely on the print screen button, but then I have Photoshop to save them off as whatever I want. Jpeg is just fine.
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Sciriez wrote:Hi all!

If I could insert some ideas here, having a series of categories could be of use. For example; colony/starbase, nebulae, inner-9, outer-space, mining etc. Having a variance of ships from third person would also be really nice, though first person is definitely cool.

A forum with subsections would enable us to post pictures in correct categories and make search easier for you guys. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Sciriez

Rank

3d Artist

3d Artist

Postby Sciriez » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:17 pm

True, but a liiiiittle counter-intuitive in a thread about saving us time. I'm very happy to just watch through this thread. I already have 60+ tabs that open on startup, another is really no problem.

Excited to see what you find!
User

Mizuk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Somewhere out There

Postby Mizuk » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:21 am

To make sure we get the pictures Sciriez :mrgreen: has posted on steam in front make sure you like the pictures with the little thumbs up.