For those having npc issues. How i fixed mine.

Complain about the nerfs here
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

For those having npc issues. How i fixed mine.

Postby davh62 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:37 pm

I found that npc's seemed to mess about a lot. Particularly after a game update. This may just of been my imagination but hey ho. Also changing routes I also found that they sometimes would still have cargo from previous route & thus wouldn't trade on new routes that didn't have the same trade items. I understand the frustration that this can cause through my own experiences. I did discover that the new npc "dump" command seemed to sort out these issues.

For npc's that won't trade try the following

1. Open up the pilots chat screen & ask "your cargo"

2. then type "dump" followed by the cargo they are carrying. Example "dump titanium" Do this for other cargo if they have more than one material type on board.

3. Put in the route that you want them to trade between. This should allow them to trade properly.
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
no avatar
User

Seeker5

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: For those having npc issues. How i fixed mine.

Postby Seeker5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks davh for the info :D
User

Dirk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Among the Stars

Postby Dirk » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 am

My understanding of NPC's is that they can only move goods between Stock Markets, and then only if the price is right.
That is fine if you are a well established player with goods to sell, but if you are a beginner growing new colonies, what is needed is a truck driver, not a salesman looking to make a profit out of your produce.
All of my Stock Markets are empty, because everything I produce is used to expand those colonies, or sell for much needed Credits. I do however need to move my stock from one colony to another, as none of them is totally self sufficient. Therefor my greatest need is for NPC's that will haul goods for a price, goods that will not end up in my Stock Markets.
Only when I have enough produce to sell, will the current type of NPC's be of use to me.
Any haulage contractors out there? :lol:
Senator of Mara, Shangri La, Unicorn and Griffin
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:49 am

Dirk wrote:My understanding of NPC's is that they can only move goods between Stock Markets, and then only if the price is right.
That is fine if you are a well established player with goods to sell, but if you are a beginner growing new colonies, what is needed is a truck driver, not a salesman looking to make a profit out of your produce.
All of my Stock Markets are empty, because everything I produce is used to expand those colonies, or sell for much needed Credits. I do however need to move my stock from one colony to another, as none of them is totally self sufficient. Therefor my greatest need is for NPC's that will haul goods for a price, goods that will not end up in my Stock Markets.
Only when I have enough produce to sell, will the current type of NPC's be of use to me.
Any haulage contractors out there? :lol:

Sure dirk. I have a few npc lev's available for contract hauling. Pm me your requirements & proposed margins. In fact I have created a new in game haulage company here- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3328
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

rmartz

Rank

Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Postby rmartz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:26 pm

I found one of your NPC "pilots" getting ready to take off.

https://www.facebook.com/graffiti.kings.london/videos/1283860968329476/
Ingame accounts: RAM, rmartz
Check out RAM Memories.
Visit AscentExtras.com for player built game tools, guilds, and links to game related data.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

rmartz wrote:I found one of your NPC "pilots" getting ready to take off.

https://www.facebook.com/graffiti.kings.london/videos/1283860968329476/

Wmmaauuhhh!
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm

:mrgreen: Bump for LH and del