ASC - Local Market Prices

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Re: ASC - Local Market Prices

Postby Moneyman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 pm

:mrgreen: $$$ is not really an issue so only take this as feedback ... not a complaint.

Since, the T2 change in carbon, I've become less and less interested in dropping carbon in LM for $$$.

What is the point of more $$$ when there is nothing worth spending it on?

I understand the desire to do all these posts RAM and Loke but where's the beaf?

Until there is consistent growth in player population, all this is just fiddling with little things.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Moneyman wrote:What is the point of more $$$ when there is nothing worth spending it on?

Excellent point Moneyman.

The Local Market is a great tool for new Pilots to make money to fund the purchase of ships and blueprints.

There is really no reason for Established Pilots to dump millions and millions of units of anything at LMs. They really should be able to expand their colonies and OSBs using their own resouces.

Plus we, as Experienced Pilots, should be trading with other Pilots to encourage the Pilot-driven economy and circulate some of the trillions we have accumulated.
Blake Mooncrest
Proprietor, Mooncrest Industries

Senator for Elfydd, Newydd Cymru, Otturet, Ceredigion, Llandysul and Llanrhystyd also for MrPC-16 and moper-10.
Mayor of all MI Facilities in the Miners Paradise system.
User

Moneyman

Rank

Captain

Captain

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Massachusetts

Postby Moneyman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
Moneyman wrote:What is the point of more $$$ when there is nothing worth spending it on?

The Local Market is a great tool for new Pilots to make money to fund the purchase of ships and blueprints.

There is really no reason for Established Pilots to dump millions and millions of units of anything at LMs. They really should be able to expand their colonies and OSBs using their own resouces.

Plus we, as Experienced Pilots, should be trading with other Pilots to encourage the Pilot-driven economy and circulate some of the trillions we have accumulated.

:mrgreen: Which is why I'm focused on gate support and minimal site maintenance ... 4 of 5 SYs doing gate mod builds.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Mooncrest wrote:

The UNCA has learned a lot about economy and shared they are planning on making some changes to TMG(whatever that is) as it develops. My hopes is that they will be able to retrofit SOME of those changes here, but I know it will come after TMG is released and stable.

I guess my questions here are more for "with what we have and can do" what adjustments of prices would improve quality of life in the Apollo Sector?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 am

Moneyman wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:

:mrgreen: Which is why I'm focused on gate support and minimal site maintenance

Good for you guys. I dont like Ascent: The gate building game, never did. Its just mindnumbing hauling. I quit the communbity and dicided not to join MG when gates were implemented, as it is not a part of the game I enjoy.
I have enjoyed the little econmy gameplay we had and really enjoyed the colony building gameplay. But without a profit motivation why would I build anything?

The point of credits is that this is a discussion of prices, so without credits we have no point.

The part of the economy I enjoy most is player to player trade, but that can only happen for T1 and T2 if the LM price is high enough to give room for prices to trade between us. I think I have mostly succeded with carbon in that matter, as I am buying endless amounts for up to 240 per ton, creating a possibility to build a new colony that will in the long run pay off. If you build carbon prodution that is, for all other prodution you will loose money (Wulf has written a lot of good points about that).

When all player to player trade is 10 per ton its not really a trade, its a give away. Wheres the fun for new and established players in that? It certainly wont keep any of those that are interested in economy and trade.

When new players are adviced, or should be adviced, to just buy what they need and not build any production because thats cheaper, something is very wrong. The gameplay we actually have for colonies and OSBs are quite good (I cant think of any other city building game from the last few years where I can build with this much freedom!). That new players have no reason to enter this gameplay is really as shame, I think they can miss out on a lot, maybe we are loosing players here to. Same with established players that got no reason to expand. And that is the main motivation I have behind all the carbon buying I do, and will keep doing as long as I am active.

Why I want T2 to be increased, is that its way more proftiable currently to just build more carbon mines than any T2. Just see my previous calculations. Even the stupid alu mines are ridiculously more profitable than any T2:

400 alu mines creates the same amount of profit as 20k graph factories, or 30k mech factories. For colony T2 you need 6400 cigar factories or 8200 basic medical supplies factories to make the same profit as the 400 alu mines. Thats completely unblanaced, and is why I wnat to discuss this. I want to start producing all kinds of T2, but all numbers says I shouldnt :(

This is all only a suggestion from me, and if no one else supports it, that is ok ofc, I have no problem accepting my ideas doesnt have the support needed and should therefor be ignored.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

davh62

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

UK

Postby davh62 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm

One day we hope there will be something to spend it on.

Despite RAM's efforts to keep the game fresh(which is appreciated) I'm again fast losing interest. Mr President are you able to give us an update in terms of further development of Ascent?
FG Fighters Guild Founder
Senator of Ferrite-Senator of Prime-Senator of Barons Rest- Hater of rams speaking date stamp
User

GullyJimson

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Postby GullyJimson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am

The thing that gets to me is that none of you guys and gal are stupid people. You surely must be able to see what has been obvious for quite some time which is that Jam has only a sense of obligation motiviating him to keep this game going for as long as he has ? he has no REAL and ACTUAL intention of updating this game to any meaningful extent and has not had for a while now. I've been watching developments for nearly 2 years now and there have been NO developments. You are pretty much where you were two years ago but with far less players.

This is not going to change.

Minor changes to market prices is an irritation to Jam and that is the only freedom he has given you and he still only addresses your requests when he feels like it because of obligation - If R Martz was not on his case constantly you would not even get that.

Stop trying to drag other people into this dead game.

£15.00 might not sound like a lot of money but it is. Every person that is conned into spending their money on this going nowhere game is being effectively conned out of that money. Now your dev is quite clearly happy to do that but none of you dudes ever struck me as the kind of people that would be happy doing so.

I've watched this game for a long time as it had immense potential but that potential vanished a long time ago and to encourage people to continue to spend money on this is in my opinion wrong.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 am

GullyJimson wrote:Every person that is conned into spending their money on this going nowhere game is being effectively conned out of that money.

I am sorry you feel there is little for you, but this statement is unfair and I feel incorrect. Anyone buying the game now gets 3 months of great play. If they choose to go further, they can at little cost. This is no con. There is no trick. If it does not speak to you. feel free to move on, but deciding that it has to be your way for everyone else is a little ... narrow minded. Calling the game a con is out of bounds for me and unneeded.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:51 pm

So if I understand correctely, this is the situation:
    -Most have to much money
    -Risk of earning money to fast means the T2 prices shouldnt go up
    -Money is irrelevant and doesnt matter
    -But no one is willing to put up buy orders on SMs high enough for other players to rather trade there and not only hauling to i9?

That means there is no iniative for player to player trade, again forcing those of us that needs credits to haul to i9, because there is no other profitable alternative. More hauling to i9 means the credit flow into player econmy increases instead of what happens when we trade with each other.

Now, I am fine with having my main income from hauling to i9, but it gets really boring when it becomes the only income and I am hauling the same item all the time. For those that doesnt believe I need money can just go look at my posts in GM part of the forum and, you can calculate yourself that all my money is set aside for a total of 1.8T to buy orders at my SMs.

So I was hoping with a increase in T2 prices, I could replace some of my carbon to i9 hauling income, with having some fun building T2 infrastructure (while having T1 buy orders other players could profit on). Would be a long time project to aquire 800b for my next idea, and a lot of fun ( I can enver get enough of building more and planning logistics :lol: ) But looks like Im forced to keep hauling carbon or aluminium. And thats not tempting at all. So I am currently rethinking what to do.

I am not criticizing anyone or saying you are wrong, I appriciate those that share their opinions, and now that I know where most players stand I can adjust my plans to that.

I know I could go mine and sell that, but Ive done that so much the last 8 months I am looking for alternatives.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 pm

Loke wrote:So I was hoping with a increase in T2 prices, I could replace some of my carbon to i9 hauling income, with having some fun building T2 infrastructure (while having T1 buy orders other players could profit on).

This is what I would like to see also. I am in agreement with you. Just not sure what is the best way to get there.

I agree that T2 needs to be increased, I just do not want to make too big a jump, then have to try to fix that and someone get upset because we have to lower a price, or we have created another flood into the economy that creates a bigger imbalance.

I feel pretty good with the +500 to T2 you presented. I was waiting for a little more discussion, then will put forth a proposal from the consensus of discussion for a formal vote.
PreviousNext