User

Hewolf

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 am

Having trouble with finding wreckage in Jam-1

Postby Hewolf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:41 am

Well, I made it to Jam-1, but now I cant find the wreckage for the tutorial mission. I'm within 1KM of it. but I just cant see it to scan/harvest it. all I see is the background I have looked for anything blocking or cutting off the background but nothing.

this is very frustrating. I wear glasses that magnify as well so I should be able to see it.

any suggestions would be helpful. because without this tutorial done, I got no way to advance my character. which is even more frustrating!!!!

Hewolf
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: Having trouble with finding wreckage in Jam-1

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

If you haven't already done so, you should expand your Radar Viewer; instructions are in the Wiki Tutorial Walkthrough.

The warp to point does not take you to a position that is very close to the first wreck fragment. You need to use thrusters to move directly forward from the warp to point. Keep the Grav Anchpr pn and use short bursts of thrust until you see a small blue spek on the radar viewer. Bring the spec to the centre of the viewer and move forward, slowy, until you make visual contact Then retract the viewer and creep forward until you get within beam range.

Once the fragment has been salvaged the next one should be visible in the expanded viewer. repeat the process for the four or five other wreck fragments.
no avatar
User

Hewolf

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 am

Postby Hewolf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:59 pm

That's the problem, if the blue light is too small I can't SEE it because of my vision problems
User

LadyHawk

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Hewolf, this is also an area that can glitch sometimes....I know I had trouble with it and it took
several fresh entries into the system before I found the wreckage myself. I am absolutely
positive it wasn't visible to anyone the first few tries so don't give up....when you catch it working
right, it may not be as hard for you to see as you think.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 am

You also have to fly to it, so it may be at the very edge of your radar display.

This quest gives you access to colony blueprints. If you are still working on starting your settlements, you have plenty of time to do it later. No rush.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

dianebrown

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am

Postby dianebrown » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks a lot for your response because I had the same problem
I think that in this game Ophan or Leviathan ships can always be like mega joker in you pocket
no avatar
User

DemonicReaper

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:14 am

Iowa, United States

Postby DemonicReaper » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 pm

You can always ask in global chat if you are having issues, you will find this community very helpful.