RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: remove lv cap restriction

Postby RAM » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:07 am

Loke wrote:Please attack me instead, I enjoy it

I was not really attacking, just being very matter of fact. The game originated to allow free to play to try it out and, if they liked it, buy it. Over time, that morphed and you can't really try it out without paying up front now.

I was not trying to riff on ftp. As I said, I did it in other games myself. I just know when I do, it is costing someone something. Just quit playing another game I was doing that with. Those who purchased things with money whooped up on me too much. Each game has incentives built in to encourage people to pay to play. Ascent is like that too. It put those barriers up to encourage ftp people to jump in and buy. Removing them would not affect them anymore, but would remove an incentive for those playing to keep paying if they wanted the added features.

I doubt we will see any changes for a long while. Jam has to get his other game working. I don't think that will happen very soon. Once that is done, he may have to go back to work to make a living. if he does, I doubt we will see any changes at all for a very long time.

Wulf is welcome to want things changed and the ftp barriers removed. I don't see much happening for anything to change for a while. FTP is playing on someone else's nickel. Even if it is set up that way, it still is. I was not accusing Wulf of trying to cheat anything. Just stating the obvious. Maybe I should have just stayed quiet.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:54 am

hi all...o/

I think this debate should be shelved...indefinitely.

Every time it has been discussed on the forums Ascent has lost player base...and has not added any new players to replace them. To make things worse I think that the very nature of this discussion causes potential customers to veer away from Ascent. I have demons in this closet as well...but I think they would only add fuel to a fire that needs to be quenched.

We are few indeed...we don't need even fewer.
Just sayin

fleas
Last edited by gotpurplefleas on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Wulf wrote:
Loke wrote: Difference between a class 15 and 5 MB on 3 year old rocks is negletable.

I know this is an old post, i like to know if a normal player say mining skill of 80-100 with class 5 vs class 15 if there is much difference? (your skill is so high that saying a class 15 has little effect may only be because of extreme high skill).

I made a few tables and graphs to make it easier to see how skill, MB level and age affect yeild. I used tin yeild with burn temp between 2137 and 2250 as example. I made 1 table and graph for 5 different skill levels, each showing yeild with MB level 1, 5, 10 and 15 for age between 0 and 1500 days.

Graphs are very boring since yeild difference between MB levels are so small.

Here is what I insert into spreadsheet:

Then just input the skill, MB and age of the roid, and you will know what yeild to expect.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Probably not the correct location for this, buit since I already put up so many charts here, lets upload the rest as well :)

This one shows how many % increase a level 15 gets compared to a level 5 MB:
on 1 year old roids its 3% more with a 15 than a 5 MB.

This one shows yeild for different skill:
Example with 1 year old roid, but the chart behaves the same for all age of roids.

And the last one shows how much extra yeild higher skills gives, in %, compared to skill level 1:
Skill level 20 gets 16% more than skiill 1. Skill level 200 gets 65% morte than skill 1.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
Previous