Loke's systems and projects

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Loke's systems and projects

Postby Loke » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Anyone seen 7million colonists? :lol:
2 of my colonies have 0 population now, guess someone told them there are better rulers elsewhere :P
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RAM wrote: Loving the SiFi but Loke got his first.
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:38 pm

hi all...o/

:lol: :lol: ...When Pro was president we used to talk about a mass Exodus to the other side of the galaxy ...maybe they all got tired of waiting for us and they just got up and left...or maybe they found Earth and didn't tell us... :lol: :lol:

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Just replaced the missing colonists at my main colony, lets see if they stay long enough to make it worth the 30+ billions I had to pay for them :|
Wasn't planning on getting new people, but this is the only colony where I have fruit production. Cause apparently there aren't much fruit production anymore, guess Black Hell is rather quite by now. Stocks at Food Distribution is basically 0 and most my colonies has run out of fruit as well, adds up to about 150 million tons of fruit missing.

Edit:
The new people are so dumb it will take more than a year to train 20% tertiary, hurts efficiency but hopefully they wont be smart enough to flee for a while
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed May 20, 2020 6:39 am

FYI

Flavian Supermarket in Flavos Contimuum has nearly 10 million Fruit and Grain for sale at 45c per.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat May 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Thx. Unfortunately I am buying at 15 per ton, so needs to be sold for that. I use npcs for retrieving it and distributing it (its long chains of SMs my npcs go between), would need to spend a whole day changing all the SMs to change my price. And fruit is going to my wine production (2 ton fruit per ton wine), wine sells for 40, so a higher price would loose money.

I still dream of higher beer and wine prices at LM, then I would be able to buy grain and fruit for 200 per ton and hopefully make a demand for those. Finally it would be possible to build a food production colony and make it profitable, for those who wants to build colonies in the future (instead of only build more iron and carbon colonies...).
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Project Hungry is finished.
Step 1: Improving logistics and distribution is complete. Main part of this was to get "Food distribution" in MZ3 up and running and fill up stocks. It serves as a buffer and also somewhat a workaround to some of the SM issues do to its big buy and sell orders. Thanks to everyone that is producing food and helps supplying.

Step2: Increasing supplies with a new terraformed planet. Canceled.
All challenges will be solved by this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4168&start=20#p33488
That will solve the same challenge as we were trying to do here, but with a LGD it removes any need for our involvement and resources. Also searching for a fitting planet becomes a lot easier, since criteria for terraforming is only size of the planet. Radiation, atmosphere etc can be whatever.
So our 2 years of working towards terrraforming a farming planet ends here and project Hungry is completed.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:17 pm

Loke wrote:Step2: Increasing supplies with a new terraformed planet. Canceled.
All challenges will be solved by this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4168&start=20#p33488
That will solve the same challenge as we were trying to do here, but with a LGD it removes any need for our involvement and resources. Also searching for a fitting planet becomes a lot easier, since criteria for terraforming is only size of the planet. Radiation, atmosphere etc can be whatever.
So our 2 years of working towards terrraforming a farming planet ends here and project Hungry is completed.

I have not found the planet yet. AI suspect it will take months of searching. I am finding little worth terraforming yet. I suspect that Jam will complete terraforming before I can find a good planet.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 pm

RAM wrote:I have not found the planet yet. AI suspect it will take months of searching. I am finding little worth terraforming yet. I suspect that Jam will complete terraforming before I can find a good planet.

It would most likely take 2-3 years more to terraform as I had planned here, depending on how fixing atmos will be. Also a LGD can terraform any planets that are terraformable the hard way + a lot of other planets as well, with the click of a button + 1 week of waiting. And since we are basically looking for the same thing (terraforming a planet with 2 or more fertile, including tobacco) it doesn't matter to me what planet you end up with, it will do just fine.
Honestly I am just happy I don't have to plan a lot of OSB modules :D And I was past halfway done with the more interesting tasks of the project anyway, so for me its just dodging all the boring grinds.

I still have the gathered resources if there will be new projects in the future in need of coils, prom, ADNA, gold etc.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Loke wrote:Also a LGD can terraform any planets that are terraformable the hard way + a lot of other planets as well, with the click of a button + 1 week of waiting.

The challenge is I have to find a 2g or less planet. Being over .25g is important too to have enough size to allow for multiple colonies.

Without betraying too much because I still do not know where Jam will come down on atmo, I have strongly encouraged the concept of compressed or liquified gasses. We can do that today, so future should not be too hard. This will allow for a 100 to 1 compression ratio or higher. With the amounts if gasses that will need to be moved, it has to be done to make it in the least bit doable.

Even with a LGD, we still can terraform other planets. I solely want to use it for a new further out hub to give some systems a shorter route back to the Inner9.

There has been discussion about a new SS found somewhere out there too. This will give us yet another place to have access to a LM.

What I would love to see, but not sure if it will happen because it is my idea not Jam's. I would love for us to find a derelict SS that has to be rebuilt. Once supplied it can come on line and UNCA take over running it. How fun would that be to search, using some clues, find it, repair it, and get it running so we could gate to it?
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:47 pm

RAM wrote:
Loke wrote:Also a LGD can terraform any planets that are terraformable the hard way + a lot of other planets as well, with the click of a button + 1 week of waiting.

The challenge is I have to find a 2g or less planet.
Well a >2g is out of the question anyway, since its too big a task to change with building none alien stuff. And that's only g, still have to fix everything else too.
RAM wrote:Being over .25g is important too to have enough size to allow for multiple colonies.
I know, Philae in New Horizon was a moon with only .3g and it doesn't have that much space for colonies, I wouldn't go any lower. Would actually stay >.5

RAM wrote:Even with a LGD, we still can terraform other planets.
Yeah, I keep the resources in case someone else plans to do that and needs it.
RAM wrote:I solely want to use it for a new further out hub to give some systems a shorter route back to the Inner9.
As long as it gets gated and has 2-3 fertile, it solves all my problems :D

RAM wrote:There has been discussion about a new SS found somewhere out there too. This will give us yet another place to have access to a LM.

What I would love to see, but not sure if it will happen because it is my idea not Jam's. I would love for us to find a derelict SS that has to be rebuilt. Once supplied it can come on line and UNCA take over running it. How fun would that be to search, using some clues, find it, repair it, and get it running so we could gate to it?

Did you just put fun and gate in same sentence? The rest you mention probably would be fun though, baiscally anything new.
PreviousNext