I need a few things.

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
no avatar
User

TabithaSoftpaws

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:48 am

I need a few things.

Postby TabithaSoftpaws » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:19 am

I need a class 5 armor and shields for my first yeti. What lasers should I put on and where? Sell or message to my character TabithaSoftpaws please.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: I need a few things.

Postby RAM » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:05 pm

The Yeti is a class 8 ship. You could go with class 8 shields and armor. If you are using it for combat, I would recommend that. You can fit in any size lasers as long as you have cargo. One big hits harder that multiple smaller, since each has to get through the other's shields and armor.

I always go with front mounted lasers. Not sure that is the best, but works best for me.

Broadsides hit harder, but track slower. Turrets are faster, but hit with a little less punch. I tend to mix both.

Post what you need and Mooncrest or myself can make what you want. It takes 8 hours for each class 8 module made, so it may take a day or two to cook them up.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

TabithaSoftpaws

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Postby TabithaSoftpaws » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm

RAM wrote:The Yeti is a class 8 ship. You could go with class 8 shields and armor. If you are using it for combat, I would recommend that. You can fit in any size lasers as long as you have cargo. One big hits harder that multiple smaller, since each has to get through the other's shields and armor.

I always go with front mounted lasers. Not sure that is the best, but works best for me.

Broadsides hit harder, but track slower. Turrets are faster, but hit with a little less punch. I tend to mix both.

Post what you need and Mooncrest or myself can make what you want. It takes 8 hours for each class 8 module made, so it may take a day or two to cook them up.

Is two turrets and two axial enough for combat as in weapon category?

I bought the bowhead yesterday I am surprised that it comes with a class 1 shield and no hyperdrive. Shouldn't the bowhead come with the correct shield? I don't want to be a sitting duck. And as for the hyperdrive, the bowhead is meant to supply colonies. Which need's a hyperdrive to get to them.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:55 pm

TabithaSoftpaws wrote:
RAM wrote:The Yeti is a class 8 ship. You could go with class 8 shields and armor. If you are using it for combat, I would recommend that. You can fit in any size lasers as long as you have cargo. One big hits harder that multiple smaller, since each has to get through the other's shields and armor.

I bought the bowhead yesterday I am surprised that it comes with a class 1 shield and no hyperdrive. Shouldn't the bowhead come with the correct shield? I don't want to be a sitting duck. And as for the hyperdrive, the bowhead is meant to supply colonies. Which need's a hyperdrive to get to them.

The game mechanics allow you to install up to fifty weapons in total, but only one Axial Weapon.

Only the Axial Weapon is controlled by the player. All other weapons track and shoot automatically once initiated by pressing the <Tab> key.

In the past I have had an alt character that used a Mammoth fitted with 49 Class 5 Turret weapons, Class 10 armour and Shields. This was sufficient to get him to Commander Rank.

If you wish I can have him loan you the Mammoth, just say the word.

Armour and Shields are not limited if you have not started you Premium free period. Therefore you can fit Class 8 Armour and Class 8 Shields on your Yeti. If you still wish to have Class 5 Armour and Shields, Class 5 Armour can be obtained by buying a Falcon from a NPC Shipyard. Class 5 Shields are not normally available. I can't make them and I do not know who can. If you need Class 8 Armour and/or Shields I can make both.
no avatar
User

TabithaSoftpaws

Rank

Midshipman

Midshipman

Postby TabithaSoftpaws » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 am

Mooncrest wrote:
TabithaSoftpaws wrote:

The game mechanics allow you to install up to fifty weapons in total, but only one Axial Weapon.

Only the Axial Weapon is controlled by the player. All other weapons track and shoot automatically once initiated by pressing the <Tab> key.

In the past I have had an alt character that used a Mammoth fitted with 49 Class 5 Turret weapons, Class 10 armour and Shields. This was sufficient to get him to Commander Rank.

If you wish I can have him loan you the Mammoth, just say the word.

Armour and Shields are not limited if you have not started you Premium free period. Therefore you can fit Class 8 Armour and Class 8 Shields on your Yeti. If you still wish to have Class 5 Armour and Shields, Class 5 Armour can be obtained by buying a Falcon from a NPC Shipyard. Class 5 Shields are not normally available. I can't make them and I do not know who can. If you need Class 8 Armour and/or Shields I can make both.

Can you make me one class 8 armor and two class 8 shields please?

And the market needs some armor and shields for those who need it. I saw two or more new players last night that might need better shields soon too.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:19 pm

TabithaSoftpaws wrote:Can you make me one class 8 armor and two class 8 shields please?

And the market needs some armor and shields for those who need it. I saw two or more new players last night that might need better shields soon too.

The Armour and Shields should be ready by 22:00UTC today.

If anyone needs ship modules, please leave a post in my 'shopfront' thread in this sub-forum. I can manufacture most ship modules for ships Class 6 to Class 16.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
TabithaSoftpaws wrote:Can you make me one class 8 armor and two class 8 shields please?

If anyone needs ship modules, please leave a post in my 'shopfront' thread in this sub-forum. I can manufacture most ship modules for ships Class 6 to Class 16.

Hey Stealing my customer!! :lol:

Tabitha, feel free to grab his and I will post mine. Mine are much cheaper. ;)

Either way is fine with me. I would have directed you to Mooncrest if I saw he was active at the time.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm

RAM wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:

Hey Stealing my customer!! :lol:

Tabitha, feel free to grab his and I will post mine. Mine are much cheaper. ;)

Either way is fine with me. I would have directed you to Mooncrest if I saw he was active at the time.

Either way is fine by me too. Just needed to keep the workers busy and stop them drinking all the booze