1.5100x Update in Beta

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: 1.5100x Update in Beta

Postby RAM » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Mooncrest wrote:There has to be an error here

Yep. There sure is. Random negative numbers popped up a lot in the test server. This is different, but not real different. Once they are turned positive, all seems to work well. Not sure where or why they pop up.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 pm

This happens from time to time, nothing new. Unusual to see large amnounts though. It happens cause of how SM and NPCs work, assuming the mentioned OSB is selling meat.

One situation it can happen:
10 million meat for sale
At 0 hour the daily check for how much NPCs can buy is run. Can buy half, so 5 million in total
At 1 hour 8 million meat is removed manually. Leaving 2 million in storage
Until 24 hour NPCs keep moving up to 5 million meat from the OSB, based on info from 0 hour.
Ending the day at negative 3 million meat.

Now, that example needs a spesific player action, but that can be replaced with a failed update of SM/daily OSB calculation or similar issues. I think also the new bug where not updated buy/sell orders still can be used to do a trade (the one I closed Nio Tin Market cause of while investigating) could be a possible cause for negative amounts in storage. On old server/client the order would just dissapear when clicked on, without any trade happening. It was confusing but had no consequence as it can now.
To my knowledge we are now up to 11 bugs/issues with SM or realted to SMs. I know 1 small one was fixed. And the daily updates failing, seems to not be a problem so far on new server. Down to 9 active once atm (going off old lists, havent checked recently).

I have never seen consumption of food make this happen, so pretty sure thats not the cause, people only eat down to 0 in storage in my experience. Unless there is a new bug doing that.

From what you share here I dont think this is a new thing, but Im not sure old clients showed negative numbers? IIRC I used a colony analyzer when testing this and sold 1 ton awesome sauce to my NPC, leaving negative 1 ton at OSB, and I think I only saw the negative number in the analyzer back in 2017.

I am not really contributing much here, but I am planning on making a full list of all the SM related bugs and issues with info on how they work and how players can avoid or work around each of them. Though I am waiting for patch notes (or similar info) to see what might have changed with new server and client, since last time I did a lot of testing was in 2018 and I want check everything properly again before describing everything in detail. Basically I dont want to spend many hours testing without knowing what has been improved lately.

Edit:
Other factors that can be happening herere:
NPCs can also have negative amounts, easily 200-300k negtive is common, so they can buy quite a bit. Also its always likely there are more NPcs than just your own visiting, they might not be sendt there ffor getting meat but we know NPCs trade what ever they feel like.
Do you know when the meat dissapeared? Just after the server move there was a bug that brought 1.86 billion iron to one of my OSBs, think RAM said thats fixed. But could possibly been a similar thing happen at your OSB just with decrease of meat.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Mining yield calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RAM wrote: Loving the SiFi but Loke got his first.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 pm

I am very happy to see the Buyer now appearing on the Item Detail page of the GM.

I would be even better if the Buyer's Call Sign could appear instead of the Buyer's Player Number. I'm not sure how to get a Buyer's number to find out who it actually is.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I would be even better if the Buyer's Call Sign could appear instead of the Buyer's Player Number. I'm not sure how to get a Buyer's number to find out who it actually is.

Once we see how things are going, I will bring this up. I am not sure if he can build a lookup tool to list the player instead of number. The number is in the posted sale, so it was real easy to add this line. Not sure how easy it will be to lookup the player and then display that name. May not be too hard, but the list is getting big for the next fixes and I really want to get to terraforming soon.

1.5106 has now been moved to the live client and Jam is posting a notice about the updates. Should be on Steam. If i can find it, I will link it or get a screenshot.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 pm

1.5107 is now in live and beta.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:26 pm

RAM wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:I would be even better if the Buyer's Call Sign could appear instead of the Buyer's Player Number. I'm not sure how to get a Buyer's number to find out who it actually is.

Once we see how things are going, I will bring this up. I am not sure if he can build a lookup tool to list the player instead of number. The number is in the posted sale, so it was real easy to add this line. Not sure how easy it will be to lookup the player and then display that name. May not be too hard, but the list is getting big for the next fixes and I really want to get to terraforming soon.

1.5106 has now been moved to the live client and Jam is posting a notice about the updates. Should be on Steam. If i can find it, I will link it or get a screenshot.

Not a biggy just now...

Just glad to be able to identify a sale to another player rather than a general sale.
no avatar
User

scistu

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Postby scistu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:37 pm

o/ All... haven't checked in within the past couple years. Here I was thinking the game was done, but I just saw a physics engine update and other things. What's happenin lately in the universe?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 pm

scistu wrote:o/ All... haven't checked in within the past couple years. Here I was thinking the game was done, but I just saw a physics engine update and other things. What's happenin lately in the universe?

Jam has found some time to do some work on the game. He has moved the game to a new server which required a major code review during which he has done some improvements to the game systems. There is a change list on Steam and in a Gameplay thread here in the forum. A few players have been on and off and we seem to be getting quite a few returning players appearing now. In the last year or so the Jump Gate network has been extended; both the gate line that is heading towards the Core of the Galaxy (we think) and a few planned gates have been completed; most notably the gates linking Food Court to Flavos Expanse - the Flavos Highway. This path also links in Gilead, Amber and Flavos Continuum. RAM has obtained permission by the UNCA to make a Jump Gate link to Sol Invictus. He is currently engaged in looking for a suitable planet to make the link to.

We also seem to be getting a few new players. Hopefully the recent changes will help keep the interest of these guys long enough for them to get invested in the game.

It just remains to be said that is you, or any player, need assistance or advice, please do not hesitate to ask. There are few players active at any one time at the moment, but Chat is now not wiped every day and help requests should be answered sometime.
no avatar
User

scistu

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Postby scistu » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:37 am

Mooncrest wrote:
scistu wrote:o/ All... haven't checked in within the past couple years. Here I was thinking the game was done, but I just saw a physics engine update and other things. What's happenin lately in the universe?

Jam has found some time to do some work on the game. He has moved the game to a new server which required a major code review during which he has done some improvements to the game systems. There is a change list on Steam and in a Gameplay thread here in the forum. A few players have been on and off and we seem to be getting quite a few returning players appearing now. In the last year or so the Jump Gate network has been extended; both the gate line that is heading towards the Core of the Galaxy (we think) and a few planned gates have been completed; most notably the gates linking Food Court to Flavos Expanse - the Flavos Highway. This path also links in Gilead, Amber and Flavos Continuum. RAM has obtained permission by the UNCA to make a Jump Gate link to Sol Invictus. He is currently engaged in looking for a suitable planet to make the link to.

We also seem to be getting a few new players. Hopefully the recent changes will help keep the interest of these guys long enough for them to get invested in the game.

It just remains to be said that is you, or any player, need assistance or advice, please do not hesitate to ask. There are few players active at any one time at the moment, but Chat is now not wiped every day and help requests should be answered sometime.

Yeah that's a lot of gates, and I noticed the new ones in Food Court- who else is active there again nowadays? I'm good progress on getting everything back up and running and getting my asset visibility back. Also I just saw Stag come back this evening.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:00 am

scistu wrote:Yeah that's a lot of gates, and I noticed the new ones in Food Court- who else is active there again nowadays? I'm good progress on getting everything back up and running and getting my asset visibility back. Also I just saw Stag come back this evening.

Doomstamper and fatoldguy and I completed the Flavos Highway. Doomstamper has a colony in the Gilead system and OSBs in the area. Foggy is situated around the Food Court area. Both seem to be taking a rest for them moment; the project got quite intense as you can see from the Flavos Progress Report
Previous