Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

PILOTS ON STRIKE

Postby Leprosi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:36 am

Without prior announcement all pilots have declared a strike and have returned to Ceres in mass. All shipping routes are affected and now starvation and ruin face outlying outposts. Pilots are closed mouth about any demands and would only verify they are not working any trade routes. Any goods being hauled are still onboard. What action is the Colonial President going to do for this situation?!? Station Andromeda is in crisis with drunken, brawling pilots creating havoc at the already overpopulated starbase. In an unprecedented press release, the Brothel Union has demanded UNCA provide more patrols to control the unruly lot. The refugee housing authority is also requesting assistance from the UNCA with concerns the population of hopeful colonists and their livestock are in danger from continual harassment.

Leprosi

Senator
no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Re: PILOTS ON STRIKE

Postby stagc2002 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:53 am

I'm just glad the NPC Ships are not armed as the Drunken Pilots in Ceres would present a huge headache for the already stretched Colonial Police Force.
But with every cloud there is a silver lining, I am happy to report that all "Lame" NPC Ships parked aimlessly around the Inner 9 Space Stations are gone and have I assume retreated to the party in Ceres. The same goes for all inconsiderate pilots parked around various gates in populated space, I am fortunate that I only have to write new orders for approximately 60 NPC Ships/Pilots, others I fear will have their work cut out re-assigning tasks to probably 100's of ships, also those with NPC ships in distant hubs will be unable to return their NPC Ships to normal duties due to lack of access (gates) I wish everyone luck :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Commander

Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:45 pm

hi all...o/

ROFL!....can anyone say...Turkey Shoot?

Place a bounty on all their heads and turn on combat in Ceres. They can't run as they have no power to speak of, and they can't fight either as most aren't fitted with any weapons. Let's take em out!

fleas
gotpurplefleas
User

Leprosi

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 pm

Zephrondus - Turtle Strippers Consortium

Postby Leprosi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:35 pm

The pilots agreeably appear to accept orders then return to their debauching. Theories abound as to why. One is they are tired of being condescended to by their employers. Another is the fear of hauling to such a lightly explored area with very little in the way of protection. There is even a conspiracy theory floating that an alien presence, not wanting research advancement in either a long range telescope or terraforming, have stopped the advance in that area by telepathic interference. UNCA authorities have not responded to requests for interviews.
Leprosi

Senator
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:29 pm

I have asked UNCA to mediate the strike. I suspect this is a short term strike and should be resolved in a few days. It seems to have been connected to the new missions that are coming available soon. I wonder if they will keep working for free or we will have to finally pay them something.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:29 pm

After a short mediation from the UNCA, the NPC Pilots have ended their strike and have returned to a willingness to work. All seem to have forgotten their previous routes and will need to be reassigned. I think this is just a stubbornness of them to get more time off, but the up side is ALL THE BANNER SHIPS ARE GONE!!!
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:33 pm

The NPC pilots seem to have just been acting like they would start, then after a few minutes, they quit again.

I have asked for more mediation from the UNCA.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:05 am

The strike seems to really be over.

no avatar
User

stagc2002

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Postby stagc2002 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:54 am

why are we calling it a strike when in actual fact it was a monumental screw up from the Dev, I cannot see the humour in this and all the
missing players that cannot re-assign their NPC Pilots will cause major problems a little later in the game. I cannot imagine Boshing Tong returning to the game to re-assign his 100's of NPC ships therefore all of his OSB's are eventually going to be "no go" areas. I cannot see the point in re-assigning my Supply/Demand NPC ships at the moment as the supply stations will soon be out of stock and another re-assignment will be required. Only my NPC ships hauling Iron and Carbon to TC20 are worth re-assigning at this time.
No one seems to be addressing the fact that ALL outlying hubs that do not have gates to the outside universe will no longer have NPC ships, what are the plans to return the NPC ships currently "parked up" in Ceres to their original locations. I will not hold my breath for a reply to that particular problem.
We may take a humorous outlook on this situation but no one see it as a gamebreaker, I have a different view

good luck to all
Stag
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 pm

This is a drawback of Jam no longer having a test server. That was lost with the shift to the new server. The bug was not intentional and the routes are all lost. No way to reclaim them. All we can do is move forward. I know it is a hassle. I cant remember where most of mine were going either.