Mooncrest Industries (Despite appearances OPEN for business)

Want to buy? Want to sell? Advertise here!
no avatar
User

Gyrehawk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Mooncrest Industries (OPEN for business)

Postby Gyrehawk » Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 pm

ok moon, I have another question or two. if you do not want to tell me what I am asking I understand. I am looking into ophan npc. I need to know if t he hull takes class 1 parts or needs higher. If higher, how high as I would need to upgrade whalt I can do. have lvl 5 hd but mostly 1-4 on other stuff. Also is the non major 4 the same,ie comp,elect, prop, gravity... ty whether you answer or not. not sure I know what I am doing here but curious. Also would like t o know price of ophan hull and parts so I could decide what to charge. again, if this is t oo much or competes with you too much just tell me.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Gyrehawk wrote:ok moon, I have another question or two. if you do not want to tell me what I am asking I understand. I am looking into ophan npc. I need to know if t he hull takes class 1 parts or needs higher. If higher, how high as I would need to upgrade whalt I can do. have lvl 5 hd but mostly 1-4 on other stuff. Also is the non major 4 the same,ie comp,elect, prop, gravity... ty whether you answer or not. not sure I know what I am doing here but curious. Also would like t o know price of ophan hull and parts so I could decide what to charge. again, if this is t oo much or competes with you too much just tell me.

I have no problem giving advice on how to put ships together, nor on my pricing structure. I wish to encourage others to start shipbuilding in preparation for the time when Ascent takes off and I can no longer cope with demand :mrgreen:

Here are my Price List prices for individual Ship Modules:
Notes:
  • I have bundled together the Basic Class 1 Modules that are needed in any vessel.
  • Class 1 Capacitors and Class 1 Reactors are only needed for NPC Variant ships.
  • All Class 1 Modules can be salvaged from Class 1 Turtles and Hornets at a fraction of this cost.

PC Variant "Ready to Fly" ships consist of:
The Ship's Hull which needs the following Modules installed:
  • The Basic Class 1 Module Bundle: Armour, Mining Beam, Ram Scoop, Salvage Beam and Shields
  • Capacitor
  • Computer
  • Electronics
  • Grav Generator
  • Propulsion System
  • Reactor
  • Warp Drive
The Computer, Electronics, Grav Generator, Propulsion System and Warp drive MUST be the same Class as the Ship's Hull. The Capacitor and Reactor can be any Class, but bear in mind the following:
  • If a lower Class Capacitor and/or Reactor is installed flying performance will be negatively affected.
    However, there is some benefit to be given to Cargo Capacity by installing a Promethium Reactor one Class lower than the Ship's Hull; the effect on performance is minimal.
  • Flying performance can be enhanced by installing a higher Class Capacitor and/or Reactor.
    However, there is a detrimental effect on Cargo Capacity that may not offset the benefit gained.
These ships may also be fitted with a Hyperdrive Module with the same Class as the Hull, to allow independent travel between star systems.

NPC Variant ships consist of:
The Ship's Hull which needs the following Modules installed:
  • The Basic Class 1 Module Bundle: Armour, Mining Beam, Ram Scoop, Salvage Beam and Shields
  • Class 1 Capacitor and Class 1 Reactor
  • Computer
  • Electronics
  • Grav Generator
  • Propulsion System

The Computer, Electronics, Grav Generator and Propulsion system MUST be the same Class as the Hull.

If you need any more advice, then give me a shout.

I did write a Player Guide for shipbuilding which is in the Steam Community Guides section for Ascent. It was a long time ago and may need updating, but give it a look and let me know if it does.
no avatar
User

Gyrehawk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Gyrehawk » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

thx will look at it and let you know if there is a need. assuming I recognize it. ty again
no avatar
User

Gyrehawk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Gyrehawk » Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 pm

I am starting to build some for fleas. I have or will buy all the parts BUT the hyperdrive. Janus A does not have it and I can't figure out the difference between hyper drive and warp drive which it does have. I know what they do but not how to get the HD. help please.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Gyrehawk wrote:I am starting to build some for fleas. I have or will buy all the parts BUT the hyperdrive. Janus A does not have it and I can't figure out the difference between hyper drive and warp drive which it does have. I know what they do but not how to get the HD. help please.

You have to research the HD from class 1 on up.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

Gyrehawk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Gyrehawk » Fri May 25, 2018 1:25 pm

bah hum bug. sigh ty I was afraid that was it.
no avatar
User

Gyrehawk

Rank

Ensign

Ensign

Postby Gyrehawk » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi moon. would u give me a reasonable price to charge for class 5 hd and class 6 hd etc up to class 10? fleas has me making hd's and I do not want to over charge him. thx if you can and ok if you can't.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 am

Gyrehawk wrote:Hi moon. would u give me a reasonable price to charge for class 5 hd and class 6 hd etc up to class 10? fleas has me making hd's and I do not want to over charge him. thx if you can and ok if you can't.

You can determine the prices for a module for any class by halving or doubling from price tha is known.

For HDs I charge 210,000,000 for Class 11. Therefore:

Class 10: 105,000,000
Class 9: 52,500,000
Class 8: 26,250,000
Class 7: 12,125,000
Class 6: 6,062,500
Class 5: 3,031,250

You may want to round (up or down) from these numbers, but they should get you a reasonable profit margin.
no avatar
User

Cevanne

Rank

Space Cadet

Space Cadet

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:53 am

Postby Cevanne » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,

I am new arround here :)
Would like to sell a hyperdrive lvl12 with Niobium.
Did see that you sell it together with a ram for 2800, but could i buy the hyperdrive lvl12 together with a mining beam lvl 12 ... for 2800 niobium ?
Please correct me if I write something wrong ... like I said it are my first steps here ;)
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Cevanne wrote:Hi,

I am new arround here :)
Would like to sell a hyperdrive lvl12 with Niobium.
Did see that you sell it together with a ram for 2800, but could i buy the hyperdrive lvl12 together with a mining beam lvl 12 ... for 2800 niobium ?
Please correct me if I write something wrong ... like I said it are my first steps here ;)

I can do that deal for you. The modules will be ready tomorrow.

However, I would like to say that my Price List has confused you a little... :?

The prices are for each module, not the combination.
PreviousNext