Hawk unable to dock with Manta

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

Hawk unable to dock with Manta

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm

The Hawk seems ti be up to its old tricks again, unless it is because I have not used it in this way for sometime and it has always been ike this. I parked a Manta at my colony in order to use it for planning purposes, now that I want to use it I cannot get my Hawk to dock with it. If I right click on the Manta from a distance I get the "Cannot dock at this angle..." message which is Fine, I understand that, but as soon as I get any where near close enough and in the right position the Manta disappears and reappears in a different location. I have to warp to its new location and try again but as I get cose it disappears again and reappears back at its original location. I have tried approaching from several directions always with the same result. I have tried restarting the game, but to no avail.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Re: Hawk unable to dock with Manta

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

I have tried to dock my Hawk with the Manta I have parked at my colony using version 1.4007. Still no luck. The manta will not stay in position so that I can get close enough in the correct orientation to execute the docking manoeuvre.

There has to be a better way to do this. The present method is very frustrating and most definitely not fun at all.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:52 pm

This bug is still with us.

I accidentally detached my Hawk from a Manta today and have tried for the last half hour to get it docked back on the Manta. No matter how I approach the Manta, as soon as I get within about 2km, it jumps in a random direction to a distance of about 25km. In fact, warping to the new position and waiting ding any sort of manoeuvre, evenif that does not close the range, will cause the target ship to move away.

Now I have two Mantas stuck in space that I cannot dock with.

I know that they are only Mantas and can easily be replaced, but that s not my point. My point is:

There really should be an easy way to dock the Hawk with another ship in space. All the manoeuvring that needs to take place before you can get the Hawk in a position to dock, is too realistic for fun play-ability. Once the Hawk has warped to the target ship (range about 2km currently), you should be able to click on it and the Hawk should latch on.

Edit:
I just had a thought. Both instances are near a planet's surface. This bug similar to the bug that causes asteroids in fields close to planets, to move just as you they are coming into firing range; so, probably about 25km from the ship. I had this problem a lot with one of my fields that was almost touching a planet's surface. Is it a rogue gravitational problem?
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Jam is planning on looking at the Hawk issues this weekend. I think it is the last big hurtle to the new release.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:41 pm

RAM wrote:Jam is planning on looking at the Hawk issues this weekend. I think it is the last big hurtle to the new release.

hi all...o/
New release?...before terraforming is completed? I don't think that would be very wise...if he is going to do that it may be better to remove the mods already in the game first...it wouldn't be nearly as glaring that way.

...2 cents worth...no more.
fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 pm

gotpurplefleas wrote:
RAM wrote:Jam is planning on looking at the Hawk issues this weekend. I think it is the last big hurtle to the new release.

hi all...o/
New release?...before terraforming is completed? I don't think that would be very wise...if he is going to do that it may be better to remove the mods already in the game first...it wouldn't be nearly as glaring that way.

...2 cents worth...no more.
fleas

It all depends on the meaning of the word 'release'. :mrgreen:

Perhaps it is just an update of the 1.5xxx version and not a full scale, public release. :D

It is very encouraging that Jam is working on these problems. Thanks for the update, RAM.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am

Mooncrest wrote:It all depends on the meaning of the word 'release'

New client release. He wants to get the new engine up and running and all those bugs worked out before adding any new features.

Once the new "client" release is out, I will ask Jam what he plans on doing next. We still have new NPC commands to debug and readd. I am not sure, but suspect he will hit that next. This is just my speculation. I could be wrong.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 am

RAM wrote:Once the new "client" release is out, I will ask Jam what he plans on doing next. We still have new NPC commands to debug and readd. I am not sure, but suspect he will hit that next. This is just my speculation. I could be wrong.

If he can add a 'Recall' command so we can get our ships back, I would be so grateful. I still have five ships stuck on Ceres Surface and quite a few of my NPCs are in tiny ships and would like to move them to bigger ones.