Primo Spe- 8086- New Horizon- Darkfield- Skadi- Niu Heimar

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Primo Spe- 8086- New Horizon- Darkfield- Skadi- Niu Heim

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:38 am

RAM wrote:I guess I was the Senator there. I had forgotten.

Well, my memory isnt any better it seems. I thought the ratio for rad emitters to reactors was 1:5, but its 1:20. My terraforming plans went from stupidly huge to 4 times that...
Hopefully we dont need rad to be 1 to reach high enough temp, and that efficency of the emitters can be increased considerably higher than 100%. Planning 1.7 million reactors at OSBs just sound way to much, :shock: even worse than mining 20 million tons nio and tin.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Carbomite side done.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Project Hungry!

Background:
Its becoming more and more difficult to supply colony based T2 production with raw materials in large amounts. Grain because its the food with highest consumption and tobacco because its few planets that are colonized which is fertile for tobacco. Fruit it seems to be sufficient amounts already on the market, probably because of a lot of production in Black Hell and other places. Demand for wine is also a bit less than beer and cigars.
Food that can not be used as raw material for T2: vegetables seems to be ok amounts available, but meat does not have a lot of suppliers.

This means it is not possible to stock up large amounts of food or to set up steady trade routes to supply T2 production, as supplies are not stable or large enough. This is mostly an issue for colonies that have high consumption (like 1 of my colonies that go through 800k grain per day), but also makes it harder to have large enough stocks to not run out between each visit when SM doesnt update as it should.

Step 1 of solviong the problem:

I have established a OSB "Food distribution" in MZ3 that buys and sells large amounts food, making plenty of food available at one spot that will work as a buffer. No more need to send ships to 25 differenet colonies to supply one colony with grain (which has been my solution so far).
If anyone have free npc ships available, please send them to trade between Food distribution and any SM that is selling food for low enough price. All help in suppling food is appriciated.
Also feel free to supply your colonies and OSBs from Food distribution, thats what its there for :)

Step 2, increasing supplies:

One solution is to just build more farms on already colonized planets. Thats easy on a terraformed one. But lets look at the list of gated and terraformed planets:
We have 0 terraformed planets that are fertile for animals or tobacco. For a long term solution we need a terraformed planet to make it easy to increase production to whatever amounts are needed.
Even though there is several terraformed planets that are fertile grain, I think grain consumption is so much higher than other foods it would be better to also have the possibilty to grow grain on a terraformed planet where the focus is farming.

My best suggestion for a planet to terraform for this purpose is planet 4 in johneaux-426, details on page 4 in this thread. It should be one of the easier to terraform, but still will need a lot of work. If anyone can find a planet even easier to terraform and is as fertile, I would scrap johneaux-426 and switch focus to that.
If we cant find an easier one, the plan is to slowly gate johneaux-426 to MZ3, and start the terraforming prosess.
If terrraforming johneaux-426 lots of rad emitters need to be buildt and on as many as possible OSBs to increase efficency. Plan is to only build the emitter, without building power plants and hoping we can use them without power, just directing more of the suns radition on to the planet. But leave space for 20 power plants per rad emitter in case we need to build them later. I suggest not planning bigger OSBs than 30-40k total number of modules, as 50k is horrible to build. 2k emitters need 40k power plants, I would stay below that.
All help with building terraforming infrastructure is much appriciated.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
Previous