Primo Spe- 8086- New Horizon- Darkfield- Skadi- Niu Heimar

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Primo Spe- 8086- New Horizon- Darkfield- Skadi- Niu Heim

Postby Loke » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:38 am

RAM wrote:I guess I was the Senator there. I had forgotten.

Well, my memory isnt any better it seems. I thought the ratio for rad emitters to reactors was 1:5, but its 1:20. My terraforming plans went from stupidly huge to 4 times that...
Hopefully we dont need rad to be 1 to reach high enough temp, and that efficency of the emitters can be increased considerably higher than 100%. Planning 1.7 million reactors at OSBs just sound way to much, :shock: even worse than mining 20 million tons nio and tin.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Carbomite side done.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Project Hungry!

Background:
Its becoming more and more difficult to supply colony based T2 production with raw materials in large amounts. Grain because its the food with highest consumption and tobacco because its few planets that are colonized which is fertile for tobacco. Fruit it seems to be sufficient amounts already on the market, probably because of a lot of production in Black Hell and other places. Demand for wine is also a bit less than beer and cigars.
Food that can not be used as raw material for T2: vegetables seems to be ok amounts available, but meat does not have a lot of suppliers.

This means it is not possible to stock up large amounts of food or to set up steady trade routes to supply T2 production, as supplies are not stable or large enough. This is mostly an issue for colonies that have high consumption (like 1 of my colonies that go through 800k grain per day), but also makes it harder to have large enough stocks to not run out between each visit when SM doesnt update as it should.

Step 1 of solviong the problem:

I have established a OSB "Food distribution" in MZ3 that buys and sells large amounts food, making plenty of food available at one spot that will work as a buffer. No more need to send ships to 25 differenet colonies to supply one colony with grain (which has been my solution so far).
If anyone have free npc ships available, please send them to trade between Food distribution and any SM that is selling food for low enough price. All help in suppling food is appriciated.
Also feel free to supply your colonies and OSBs from Food distribution, thats what its there for :)

Step 2, increasing supplies:

One solution is to just build more farms on already colonized planets. Thats easy on a terraformed one. But lets look at the list of gated and terraformed planets:
We have 0 terraformed planets that are fertile for animals or tobacco. For a long term solution we need a terraformed planet to make it easy to increase production to whatever amounts are needed.
Even though there is several terraformed planets that are fertile grain, I think grain consumption is so much higher than other foods it would be better to also have the possibilty to grow grain on a terraformed planet where the focus is farming.

My best suggestion for a planet to terraform for this purpose is planet 4 in johneaux-426, details on page 4 in this thread. It should be one of the easier to terraform, but still will need a lot of work. If anyone can find a planet even easier to terraform and is as fertile, I would scrap johneaux-426 and switch focus to that.
If we cant find an easier one, the plan is to slowly gate johneaux-426 to MZ3, and start the terraforming prosess.
If terrraforming johneaux-426 lots of rad emitters need to be buildt and on as many as possible OSBs to increase efficency. Plan is to only build the emitter, without building power plants and hoping we can use them without power, just directing more of the suns radition on to the planet. But leave space for 20 power plants per rad emitter in case we need to build them later. I suggest not planning bigger OSBs than 30-40k total number of modules, as 50k is horrible to build. 2k emitters need 40k power plants, I would stay below that.
All help with building terraforming infrastructure is much appriciated.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Status of project Hungry!

30 NPCs working on supplying Food distribution in MZ3. Unfortunately most SMs have low food stocks or doesnt update/get refilled, making it hard to gather larger amounts or a steady flow of supply. Food stocks at Food distributin so far:

I am only supplying some of my colonies from Food distribution so far, since there is still not enough for all of them. All my colonies and OSBs add up to a total consumption of approximately:
500k meat and veg
1.3mil grain
300k tobacco
750k fruit

Also have to take in consideration a lot of colonies that sells food also buys the food types it doesnt produce, adding to the consumption from the stocks at Food distribution.

I would like to heavily increase beer and cigar production, pushing grain consuption to 2mil per day and tobacco to 1mil per day, but all that is postponed until there are a lot more grain and tobacco available.

Unfortunately prices are very low and demotivating for mayors to build more food production. I still dream of a day when colony based T2 gets an 500 increase in base price at LMs, that would let me buy grain and fruit for 250 and tobacco for 300 per ton. Would make food buisness finally flourish.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:27 pm

I have been slow to increase my grain. I could pretty easily in New Dawn. I am actually enhancing research on my grain farms. I would have little desire to produce tobacco. None of my good producers have it.

I could add a bunch of grain farms and set up a sell order at the colony for you. I will shut down some mines to move workers over. If you decide to stop buying, I can shift them back so I do not get overloaded with grain down the road.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:45 am

RAM wrote:I have been slow to increase my grain. I could pretty easily in New Dawn. I am actually enhancing research on my grain farms. I would have little desire to produce tobacco. None of my good producers have it.

I could add a bunch of grain farms and set up a sell order at the colony for you. I will shut down some mines to move workers over. If you decide to stop buying, I can shift them back so I do not get overloaded with grain down the road.

All helps :)
Will you still sell it at RAMair or somewhere else? I already trade with that one.

With the food charts Im hopefully able to visualize what the demand is, so that people building new colonies or expanding their existing once can know what is needed. I think its more interesting to build production when you know the output will be sold.

If we get better supplies I hope Food distribution can supply a lot of colonies in the future. Will increase buy orders as needed. 300mil for grain is just the begining.

Its fun to see how the oldest colony Im buying food from is number 34 and the newest is 4759, thats as big of a age difference you can have on colonies :D
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Loke wrote:Its fun to see how the oldest colony Im buying food from is number 34 and the newest is 4759, thats as big of a age difference you can have on colonies

My Prime colony is 12. 8-)

Pick up grain at RAMhome in New Dawn. I will stop transferring it to RAMair and leave it for you to pick up. I will drop the buy price a little too. I think I am selling at 15/ ton there now.

I should be close to 300K a day today. WIll add more over the next few days and get up to close to 1m a day.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 pm

RAM wrote:My Prime colony is 12. 8-)

Was waiting for you to write that (I would have done the same :P )

RAM wrote:Pick up grain at RAMhome in New Dawn. I will stop transferring it to RAMair and leave it for you to pick up. I will drop the buy price a little too. I think I am selling at 15/ ton there now.

Will do. I was a bit sceptical of the quality of grain I ahve been buying at RAMair, since you buy it for 10 per ton and sell it for 5. Something fishy must be going on at RAMair, making the grain worth less. How much water have you been adding :lol:
Looking forward to getting higher quality grain directly from colony ;)
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 pm

I have close to 500k grain per day at RAMhome now (average 500/farm per day). Will wait a day or so to let things build and balance out. I have to get my farm efficiency up. I am dropping in more FO and powering down some mines and MO. Have to wait to see how things balance out efficiency and population wise. I don't plan to recruit more people, just move the3m around. May take more tweaking to get it right.

In a day or so, I will start dropping more grain farms. I will get to 750k per day and see how that goes. If I get an excess of grain, I will scream ... at you.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:48 pm

I may be able to keep enough fertilizer for a while. Starting to ship it in from my other accounts and no longer routing it to Prime.

I am producing 900k per day right now. I will let that set for a bit and then we can see how things progress.

920/day per farm is not bad.
PreviousNext