New OSB Modules Suggestion

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MIB Tyngbraneth, Miner's Paradise

New OSB Modules Suggestion

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm

With the effort being made to find the edges of the Galaxy and the location of the mythical 'Earth', I think it would be gelpful to have two new modules that we can build at our OSBs,

Secure Storage Module (SSM)
This module would be used to rent warehousing space to Players other than the OSB Owner.
It works like this:
  • The OSB Owner builds several Secure Storage Modules at his/her OSB.
  • Using a similar mechanism to the Gate Approval mechanic, any Player can ask for permission to store goods in the SSM.
    I am not sure if it would be possible to assign specific SSM(s) to an Approved Player, but that would be the ideal.
  • Every time an Approved Player deposits goods in the SSM, a sum, perhaps 1cr per unit of goods deposited, is paid to the OSB Owner.
  • If possible a mechanism needs to be devised to send goods that have been left in the SSM for more than three months to the OSB Owner's inventory.
I see this as a way of storing Hydrogen for refuelling purposes, or, in systems like Tin Alley, for temporarily storing the product of an asteroid mining expedition, after which the contents can be removed and disposed of elsewhere. The time limit is there to allow goods belonging to Players who are no longer active to be used by the OSB Owner, so that the SSMs do not become clogged up with immovable goods..

Repair and Refit Module (RRM)]
This module would allow Players other than the Owner to repair their ships at an OSB and allow Approved Players to use the Refit Capabilities of the OSB Shipyard.

It works like this:
  • The OSB Owner builds a RRM at his/her OSB
  • Any Player may now repair their vessel at this OSB, paying a fee as they would when docking at a NPC Starstation.
    Repair materials from the OSB Owner;s inventory are used in the process. The OSB Owner receives the Repair Fee.
  • Using a similar approval method as above, any Player may ask for permission to refit vessels at this OSB.
    Approved Players may deposit ship modules and refit them exactly as they would at their own OSB or a NPC SS.

I see the Refit capability being used in systems like Tin Alley where Player's may want to leave a Mining Beam in storage at a local OSB, so that they can maximise their cargo capacity when they leave the system with their gains from a mining expedition.
Last edited by Mooncrest on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: New OSB Modules Suggestion

Postby RAM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Mooncrest wrote:This module would allow Players other than the Owner to repair their ships at an OSB and allow Approved Players to use the Refit Capabilities of the OSB Shipyard.

Jam has stated he wants to add the ability to repair at other player OSB. Once we get through this most recent sets of additions and bug fixes, I will ask him about this.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: New OSB Modules Suggestion

Postby Loke » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 pm

This would be great :D
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke