Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: To Core Gates

Postby Mooncrest » Fri May 17, 2019 9:06 am

I think we have reached the limit of NPC hauling. I have several NPC with orders to haul stuff from Prime to TC14. Athough they say they are "working a trade route", none of them are moving out of Prime. iirc I could get them to haul stuff to TC13 so, may be, TC14 is that one step beyond :D
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am

I think it may be that the return gate from 14 is still missing iron. I have been slowly adding some from 13. If there is no way for them to return then they won't haul the materials for you.
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun May 19, 2019 9:05 am

Rhavenwing wrote:I think it may be that the return gate from 14 is still missing iron. I have been slowly adding some from 13. If there is no way for them to return then they won't haul the materials for you.
Cheers!
Rhaven

Duh! Of course it is! Panic over...

My NPCs are now feeding TC13 OSB wth iron. However, the sell order for iron at TC13 OSB does not seem to be updating. I dropped off some iron there myself yesterday, just to make sure, and today there is still no sell order even though the buy order is now just over 14 million units.

If whoever owns this OSB could visit it, please, I think the sell order will update. I would like to suggest that we do not take all the iron from TC13 OSB. I did notice that if I delivered iron and then loaded iron both the buy order and the sell order updated. It seems that only the order you are using will update. I'm not sure why the entire SM does not update because I understood that all SMs updated overnight (UTC) automatically.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi Moon,
I own tc13, I'll visit it this evening and see if it updates. I am noticing this happening at colonies as well. nothing will update until I turn a building off and on again.
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am

Yes, I noticed this myself yesterday. My colonies did not update until I had left and re-entered the system; which is the same, I suppose as turning a building on and off. I'm going to send an e-mail to support. Let's see if I get a reply :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Colonies or OSB only update once a day unless visited by the owner.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Mon May 20, 2019 5:15 pm

RAM wrote:Colonies or OSB only update once a day unless visited by the owner.

Wrong, its a known bug that SMs doesnt update once a day as they should, and therefor has to be visited by owner to update. This bug was the big issue with the CannibalCarbs iron project, and is why I will not do projects like that again before bug is fixed (it was a nigthmare).
This is only an issue on some SMs, none of my old OSBs and colonies have this bug. New SMs it seems more often has this bug, 4 out of 4 iron colonies in CannibalCarbs had the bug. There are a lot more issues with SMs, I think I have written all I found in this bug thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3442 SM bugs is one of very few things RAM seems to know little about.

I like the trick Moon mentions to always leave some iron for sale, so the order doesnt go away. Then the buyer can get the updated amount for sale each time he buys, as long as not all is bougth. There is a bug with this as well, but only when clicking several, so as long as its only 1 iron order or a few orders it will not be a problem.

BTW, does anyone know the total distance all the TC gates? Should be a very impressive number now.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Loke wrote:Wrong, its a known bug that SMs doesnt update once a day as they should, and therefor has to be visited by owner to update. This bug was the big issue with the CannibalCarbs iron project, and is why I will not do projects like that again before bug is fixed (it was a nigthmare).

DO you have at least one factory in those SM? It could be that they are ignored unless they have a factory that will get updated during the batch process.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue May 21, 2019 6:14 pm

The colony I noticed this bug on is long established, early 2015, and the colony has the usual factories: Basic Medical Supplies, Beer, Wine, Garbage and Sewage. None of these had updated since I was last on some weeks ago. I had emptied the stores at that time and until I jumped out system and returned it was still empty. The usual reset, turning a building/module's power of anf on should work as well.
Previous