ASC - Local Market Prices

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: ASC - Local Market Prices

Postby Loke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Thx RAM. Yes, I am hoping for more input from others to. Will wait and see for some time, Ive said enough about my ideas for T2. I'll look into food in while.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Gave up on this, no one else interested it seems. Player to player trade is also close to nothing now, so pointless anyway :(
My SMs still buy lots of stuff at fair prices, if someone interested in trade comes along.

no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Loke wrote:Gave up on this, no one else interested it seems. Player to player trade is also close to nothing now, so pointless anyway :(
My SMs still buy lots of stuff at fair prices, if someone interested in trade comes along.

Not sure what to give up on. Seems the markets are working well. Uranium seems to be the only thing overpriced. Several newer players are actually using Uranium for gaining funds. I did not want to pull the rug out from under them since it gives another way besides mining nio/tin to gain some capital.

I still think it should drop, but waiting to see if anything else jumps out. Jams time is so limited right now. I would not want to pester him about one item.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:37 pm

RAM wrote:Not sure what to give up on.

Another poorly explained post by me it seems. :lol:
Gave up on trying to get more activity in the player to player market for T1 and T2, wasnt thinking about the exotic material you have to mine, those are fine.
Was hoping to make it possible to produce T1 and T2 and get a profit without having to trade directly to LM. Trading with other players are what I enjoy, if only selling to LMs I migth as well play a singlepayer game with less bugs ;)
I hoped changes in LM price could help make that more interesting. But when very few are interested in earning or spending credits, its no point in buggig Jam about this. Thats why I give up on this topic, for now :)

I have increased populations so that food is consumed faster, and Im buying more at higher prices than I used to, could help a little bit.

User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Im back! :)

I suggest the following changes to LM:
  • Lower Uranium base price to 12k, or even lower. Needs to be lowered to allow nio/tin prices to go down. 12k means +40% price of 16.8k. Autonite yeilds 5 times as much uranium as Niobite yeilds nio, so uranium is pressing nio/tin prices to stay above highest uranium LM price*5, 16.8k*5= 84k. compared to current uranium base of 15k and +40% of 21k, that keeps nio/tin above 21k*5=105k
  • Lower carbon base price another step of 25
  • Increase titanium with 50 (please make this item worth more than crappy alu again)
  • Increase all T2 base prices with 400 (I think 500 would be better, but since I know the president prefers a slower increase I suggest 400 as a compromise)
  • Remove 3 items from LM that are never traded in large amounts, fits better in contract board:
      Antimoney, gold and gems.
    LM list currently a bit too long and not "hassle" free to use. Removing unused items is an ok alternative to making UNCA improve their GUI for LM.

To show what that means, here is the prices adjusted as suggested above for my Warpless Trade OSB:
It even adds basic med as a viable trade item. Could be high enough prices that building T2 production is worth the effort.

Thougths?

Previous