Version 1.5 New Unity Engine

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Version 1.5 New Unity Engine

Postby Loke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Mooncrest wrote:
Loke wrote:1.5007 refit menu doesnt update when removing module from ship, so no way of knowing if it got removed or not. When adding module it doesnt go back from the "click the ship" menu, have to click cancel, and again there is no update to the list so you dont know what moduels are actually fitted to the ship. Here is a video showing those 2 things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcLQ5TS ... e=youtu.be

These issues are a bug that I have reported from previous versions.

http://forum.thespacegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4139

For me they seem to be prevalent at the Inner 8 Star Stations.

Duh! Im an idiot, you are rigth Moon. All the refit issues is caused by having the Hawk attached. Just as you have alredy described.
Its the same issue at OSB.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm

V1.5007 Research Panel of the ISB does not update unless you undock and redock.

With previous versions, after you had started a research program, you could switch to one of the other tabs, e.g. Hangar or Warehouse, and when you switched back to Research the program now in progress would be stated. This does not happen now unless you leave the ISB and return.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am

I am not sure why these changes were made to the asteroid mining procedure, but I am sad to say that they make my mining experience now so bad that I am reverting to version 1.4076 when I go asteroid mining.

The beam colour no longer changes to yellow when the beam makes initial contact with the asteroid. This means that I cannot be sure I am in range of the asteroid.

The beam colour changes are too subtle and we no longer seem to get the changes from yellow to purple and then blue; the colour seems to change straight from white to blue.

Please, please, can you bring back proper 'nightvision', please?

When nightvision is activated, nothing much changes. I remember when the nightvision changed the mineable 'roids to bright green and would like this back so I can see the asteroids in those system; of which I seem to have many, where the sunlight is not good.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 am

1.5008 up in unstable.

Fixes:

Refit w/ Hawk. SHould work same as 1.4076

Mining beam color change should be more pronounced.

Might be a few other little things.

Bang it around and if there is nothing else major wrong that is not already in 1.4076, then we have a new client release.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:11 am

The mining beam is a LOT different. Very hard for me to judge the last few seconds. I would like to hear from others, then if you all are experiencing the same. I will get a video to Jam.

I think the beam is really close to what is needed. The colors of everything else really pop. Best they have ever been to me. Very sharp too.

Will try the refit tomorrow. I hope others bet me to it and let me know your findings also.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:06 am

The mining beam is now good. Maybe the total blue beam arrives two or three seconds too early, but we will get used to that.

I have done a few tests refitting modules with the Hawk loaded and it seems to work OK.

Still no joy with trying to reattach the Hawk to a ship that is not docked with a Station/Starbase.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Mooncrest wrote:Still no joy with trying to reattach the Hawk to a ship that is not docked with a Station/Starbase.

This is a previous issue and he is trying to get the new client out and will come back to hit things like this at some point.
no avatar
User

darkwhistle

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Postby darkwhistle » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:27 am

The game is currently experiencing crippling lag. hyper jumps don't animate (you have to log out to reach your destination) osb don't load, attempting to buy and sell anything takes a couple minutes for the game to register the transaction.

I was hoping that all meant that jam was doing something to the game, but somehow, I just don't believe it.

someone send me an email when its done.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 pm

darkwhistle wrote:The game is currently experiencing crippling lag. hyper jumps don't animate (you have to log out to reach your destination) osb don't load, attempting to buy and sell anything takes a couple minutes for the game to register the transaction.

I was hoping that all meant that jam was doing something to the game, but somehow, I just don't believe it.

someone send me an email when its done.

I suspect it is server or network issues. I know of nothing he is doing that would create the lag.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:17 pm

New Update has been moved to Beta. Please test it and report back any issues that are different from the last release.
PreviousNext