User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Mining Skill

Postby RAM » Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm

I just hit mining skill of 290. I know there are a couple with a higher level. I just spent wasted time doing some figuring.

To get to level 290, I needed to successfully mine approximately 42195 asteroids (known from here on as rocks).

https://www.miniwebtool.com/sum-of-positive-integers-calculator/?n1=1&n2=290

Our chance of getting a mining increase is 1 in skill level. So each skill level, it means we would, at average, have to mine the number of rocks of our skill level to get a 1 in that skill level chance to get the next level up.

If each large rock takes 39-40 seconds to mine(yes I mined a LOT of smaller rocks, but want to go for the big numbere here. I will use 39 seconds.), This means I mined 1,645,605 seconds, or 27,427 minutes, or 457 hours, or 19 days.

I also estimate that it take sabout 20 seconds to get to the next rock to start mining. I think this is a very conservative number. So taking 1 minute per rock, this means I spent 42195 minutes, or 703 hours, or 29 days mining rocks. This is just mining, not finding fields.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Re: Mining Skill

Postby Rhavenwing » Sat May 05, 2018 11:47 am

You could also have mined much more or much less. A chance is just that, Chance. You could very well have had 2 or 3 out of 290 in some cases or none in 290. The 1 in every skill level is not a guarantee, just a chance. (Speaks a bitter rhaven with a 178 mining skill.)
lol Granted I don't mine as much as you Mr. President...
My 1.54 cents worth (U.S. exchange rate and all that)
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat May 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Rhavenwing wrote:You could also have mined much more or much less. A chance is just that, Chance. You could very well have had 2 or 3 out of 290 in some cases or none in 290. The 1 in every skill level is not a guarantee, just a chance. (Speaks a bitter rhaven with a 178 mining skill.)
lol Granted I don't mine as much as you Mr. President...
My 1.54 cents worth (U.S. exchange rate and all that)

Correct. I was using approximates. I popped another level last night, so 291 now.

Over time, it does have a way to average out. I fear it will be 500-1000 more rocks before my next level up now. :lol:

Your 1.54 cents are more then welcome, because this was a total waste of time anyway. Just having fun with numbers! 8-)

Here was Jam's response to my bloviating:

<jam> that's cool
<jam> I like that people spend so much time in our game doing something that's low impact, relaxing and doesn't hurt anyone

I didn' have the heart to tell him that trying not to blow up that massive prom yet get every drop of promethium is NOT relaxing!! :lol:
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
no avatar
User

Wulf

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:33 am

Postby Wulf » Sat May 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Haha

i would consider popping in now and then if i could mine ;p

i realize i am now inactive but if there are changes in the future the SC is an issue, u can't spend them on things like a week of mining for example they just constantly drop as the colonies eat the points.

and congradz on uber miner status :D

may have to contract u to do my mining
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm

And popped 293 last night.