User

Vivic

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Re: Farscape Highway Progress Updates

Postby Vivic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:01 pm

Not sure if this is correct but my feeling is we are just at the northern perseus arm. We are probably good on the x-axis but need to continue down the negative on the y axis. Each section on the Nasa galaxy map is 5000ly or 500 sectors. If our position of Apollo is correct we need to hit -6500 on the y axis to reach the haystack then look for the needle....Earth. Comments on this are very welcome....
Cheers!
Rhaven

P.S.
I have travelled in the wrong direction for about 6000 light years before making this discovery....alas more clicking is in my future.

Absolutely correct! (where did i put that sheet of gold star stickers?). The plan is exactly as you describe for the remainder of the highway the curve is over with stop 6 just "straight down" from there. Trying to find the core distracted, and still is distracting me to no end. No luck on that front. I do however have a little gift for ya that may or may not help as you seem to be following my same line.

Vivic-hd4-1675 out at -1495 , -3356 , 66

Discovered on a single jump from stop 6 (still unnamed) is a suitable planet for stop 7.Discovered her a few weekends ago. hope it helps with a little bit of clicking. That is a new furthest distance for me. Boldly go!
Happy late Easter!
Test ideas by experiment and observation.
Build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and Question everything!
Follow these rules and the cosmos is ours!
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Absolutely correct! (where did i put that sheet of gold star stickers?). The plan is exactly as you describe for the remainder of the highway the curve is over with stop 6 just "straight down" from there. Trying to find the core distracted, and still is distracting me to no end. No luck on that front. I do however have a little gift for ya that may or may not help as you seem to be following my same line.

Vivic-hd4-1675 out at -1495 , -3356 , 66

Discovered on a single jump from stop 6 (still unnamed) is a suitable planet for stop 7.Discovered her a few weekends ago. hope it helps with a little bit of clicking. That is a new furthest distance for me. Boldly go!
Happy late Easter!

Thanks Vivic, I am already getting ready to set up at -y 4250. I set up a station and colony at Earthsearch which would be in the same sector as your stop 6 I believe. Earthsearch I is 5000 ly down -y from there and have a station and colony set up 5000 from ES I which will be ES2 when I become senator. ES III will be at sector 1495-4250-69. I have a list of good gas giants at each sector that are good to great for gas collection. It is convenient for when your colony is not yet producing hydrogen. The clicking is less boring when I listen to an audio book...
I have been opening all the asteroid fields in the sectors as well to help with resource gathering for future explorers....lol in my spare time I have been working on the tc gates...
Thanks for the affirmation of the course change. Southward I will continue.
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Mon May 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Sector:-1495 -3750 68
Rhaven-ht1-8491 will be Earth Search II and currently has a starbase set up and a small colony working.
Geo 5, Aluminium 20.8%, Carbon 12.8%, Iron 28.7% and Titanium 10.6 % Grain poor.

Rhaven- ht1-8479 has a decent gas giant to gather hydrogen while waiting for a colony to produce it.

Sector: -1495 -4250 69

Rhaven-zrl-8584 RP 4 will be Earth Search III and has a starbase as well as a small colony almost set up.

Geo 3, Aluminium 32.2% Carbon 18.9%, Iron 25.2% and Titanium 10.5% grain good, meat poor, vegetables good.

Two gas giants at Rhaven-zrl-71 and 77 have a gravity well below 1G for hydrogen gas harvesting.
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
Previous