Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Asteroid Spawning

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Rhaven very kindly gave me the position of an asteroid field that contained a Bastnaesite asteroid.

I left this asteroid to mature, while harvesting the only other type of asteroid in the field (Autunite); in the hope that a new Bastnaesite asteroid would be spawned to replace it.

After seven months and many hours of asteroid mining, no new Bastnaesite asteroid had spawned. So, I harvested the 'roid.

Now, about four months later and after quite a few more hours mining this field, no Bastnaesite 'roid gas appeared.

Are we sure that the new asteroids, Bastnaesite and Aurostibite, really do spawn?

Do we know the conditions which are needed for them to do so?
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Asteroid Spawning

Postby RAM » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 pm

From my observations and best guess, I think a Bast is a rare spawn of a Prom.

Auro are a field type. This means they only spawn in fields that have that type.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 pm

RAM wrote:From my observations and best guess, I think a Bast is a rare spawn of a Prom.

Auro are a field type. This means they only spawn in fields that have that type.

That explains why I:
  • have not spawned a Bast in this field as no Prom have spawned. It is interesting that there was a bast in the field. Presumably, it was there when Rhaven found the field.
  • I have not seen an Aurostibite 'roid. I will have to explore some more systems and find a field.
Thanks RAM.

Good to hear you have sorted your PC. Interesting thought about the PC. I guess I should think about upgrading to Desktop from my laptop too, then.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Mooncrest wrote:I have not seen an Aurostibite 'roid. I will have to explore some more systems and find a field.
Thanks RAM.

I have several charted if you need one the easy way. Just let me know. 2 are "public" fields so you may have to clear the junk.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:44 am

RAM wrote:
Mooncrest wrote:I have not seen an Aurostibite 'roid. I will have to explore some more systems and find a field.
Thanks RAM.

I have several charted if you need one the easy way. Just let me know. 2 are "public" fields so you may have to clear the junk.

Thanks RAM. Let me know the location of one of the 'public fields' and I will make a start there.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Silkenverse-260
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:49 pm

I would like to jump in on the baestenite conversation. The original one I found in a new aut field I had discovered and the second I have found was after clearing aut in a mixed aut/col/ang field. My theory is that it spawns infrequently with radioactivity, ie: Aut/Prom produce uranium. As both were the result of an Autunite field spawning or an autunite rock imploding and no prom was present in either case, I feel this to be a valid explanation.
Thoughts?
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:44 am

The field you very kindly ceded to me was an Autunite only field, which I mined for several months prior to harvesting the Bast roid it contained. I have continued to mine the field for a few months since I harvested the Bast roid. Obviously, I have destroyed a few roids in the process :D .

So either Bast needs different conditions to spawn or the spawn chance is so low I have not mined enough roids to spawn one.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 pm

This is what I think is going on. As soon as Jam gets back to coding on Ascent, I will pester him about it a bit more.

Prom spawn at a 100 to 1 chance when a Ang, Col Or Aut is mined. I think a Bast is spawned at a 100 to 1 chance when a prom is spawned.