User

Vivic

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 am

Core Exploration Notes.

Postby Vivic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:36 am

I need to whenever possible try and scale down where the core might be. The best way i can think at my current positioning is to map the floor and ceiling of the galaxy .
What i have done today is to map 2 dots one on the "floor" and one on the "ceiling" of the galaxy at locations of Farscape Highway Core Hub.
Farscape Highway Core Hub
-1323, -2164, 257 (ceiling)
-1323, -2164, 69 hub (Centerish)
-1323, -2164, -137 (floor)

Farscape Highway Stop 6
-1495, -2747, 170 (ceiling) Amazing result compared to the core hub very encouraging!
-1495, -2747, 66 (centerish)

Chiro
-1266, -2201, 254 (ceiling)
-1266, -2201,65 (centerish).
-1233, -2201, -134 (floor)

Other height bookmarks
-1369, -2129, 257
-1451, -2030, 257
-1505, -2029, 257
-1947, -2215, 170

394 total sectors high divide them in half for core height in center 197 . 197-137=60 height of core in center area. *+Z 60

I plan on doing 2 more locations like above this should give me the height of the core within the galaxy within a few sectors. Not only that i believe with 3 locations height around the core i can literally make a arrow pointing where it is. Connect them together one should be higher then the rest pointing the way towards the center.
Thought experiment! <3 ya Einstein
Think of a stainless steel bowl put 3 dots on the outside, anywhere. Connect those 3 dots with a straight line . One of those dots will be higher then the rest and it should also be the one closest to the top of the bowl or center. Fancy that with 3 dots it created a arrow with one being higher then the rest pointing the way to the center or top of the bowl. If this works and i do it enough i can seriously eliminate massive amounts of the galaxy to look at for the core .
Trying to manage the shire size of this galaxy may be bigger job then the galaxy itself omfg.
Vivic

PS: Will edit in other info on 2 other locations when i get the data. Had to share my findings for other explorers *cough* Fleas *cough*
Last edited by Vivic on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Test ideas by experiment and observation.
Build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and Question everything!
Follow these rules and the cosmos is ours!
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Core Exploration Notes.

Postby gotpurplefleas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:45 pm

lol...
ok ok...I was moving south and have set up another stop at gotpurplefleas-g8p-1839 located -1244, -37147, 64...but I'll get on this today and see what I can find...maybe try to move to the other side of the bowl?...idk...or try to find the highest point before it turns back down.
fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Vivic

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Vivic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Ok good and bad news lol

Bad news, The ascent galaxy does not have a dome center it has a flat top. Good news , between Fleas system Chiro and my hub is the transition for the flat top . I would guess once found that transition point i follow it straight across and find the other transition point i can narrow the core way down. This is also based on the bottom having a flat section as well. Other good news i have bookmarks everywhere along the highway finding the other side of the flat transition shouldn't be to horrible. the above post edit has up to date info for today.
Vivic

PS: I found a area very similar to Chiro 400 plus sectors away currently moving through it towards the roof this may be the other side of the core from Chiro. Once i hit the top i will know more. May be tonight maybe tomorrow but will post when i know more. -1141,-2153,111(and growing)
User

Vivic

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Vivic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24 am

-1226, -2201, 254 Chiro
-1140, - 2190, 254(to close to chiro still looking for the other side 45% angleish 327 sectors apart moving up)

With these matched heights and a little bit of playing i can find the next or even the top transition point . With the 2 transition points being in a straight line all i need to do is divide the line in half in sketchup and bam core location guess. This will be my most accurate guess to date.
Still moving forward but it's slow going. Feeling very strongly about this strategy working ,secretly wish me luck over the next couple of weeks.
Vivic
Last edited by Vivic on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 am

Vivic wrote:-1226, -2201, 254 Chiro
-1140, - 2190, 254 other side of core.

With these matched heights and a little bit of playing i can find the next or even the top transition point . With the 2 transition points being in a straight line all i need to do is divide the line in half in sketchup and bam core location guess. This will be my most accurate guess to date.
Still moving forward but it's slow going. Feeling very strongly about this strategy working ,secretly wish me luck over the next couple of weeks.
Vivic

Good Luck, Vivic. This is a most impressive project.

What will you find at the core??
User

gotpurplefleas

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Postby gotpurplefleas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:44 pm

hi all...o/

negative z edge at Chirho is -1233, -2201, -134
I moved over a little by mistake while navigating out there and found neg z edge also at -1231,-2181,-134
I will plot what we have on the map and see if we have the beginnings of a shape yet.

fleas
gotpurplefleas
Senator of Food Court
User

Vivic

Rank

2nd Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Postby Vivic » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Money,
What i expect too find at the core is really one system. Called Sagittarius A if it's the same as our galaxy.
You will know not only by the name but the amount of mass she will have as it will be staggering 10 to the 10th if i'm not mistaken. Sagittarius a is just what the super massive black hole in the center of our universe is called. I'm very interested in finding out what it may look like or be at the center. A change away from a huge mat of stars of varying density would me nice like a spiral or disc of stars or something. Hope that may answer your question for the time being till i find the core and get you a answer :)
Vivic

On a side note the core will be found at +60z i can almost say that with certainty. All our height and depth measurements with the help of fleas and bozack always show at 60z as the center "depth" of the galaxy. The height of the center of the galaxy remains unchanged no matter where you may be in the galaxy. So 60Z is the Magic number for the cores height i can feel it in my bones.