ISB/Colony/OSB not updating

Report them here and see how fast they get knocked down!
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

ISB/Colony/OSB not updating

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 pm

It seems to me that I am encountering this situation more and more often:

I arrive at my ISB, a Colony or an OSB and the stock in the warehouse and readout from the Research Lab/Complex are not being updated. Sometimes, I will start a new Research Project and readout does not update to reflect the new project. Even if I power off/on a module nothing changes.

The latest example is tonight; I cleaned out my colony of Hydrogen yesterday and went back tonight to load up some more, but, on arrival, there were no stocks, otr so the warehouse said. I took away some Iron and came back, thinking t would have been updated, but there were still zero stocks. I went to the surface and checked the Dome Control where I split gas for Hydrogen and it seemed OK. When I had finished that the warehouse stock of Hydrogen appeared; all 500,000 tons.

I am wondering if this is why my NPC pilots don't move stuff sometimes; the stocks get low and then don't update to reflect subsequent production.

This happens with both version 1.4076 and 1.5008.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: ISB/Colony/OSB not updating

Postby RAM » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Colonies and OSB only update when you visit them or the once a day batch file at night. Our clients are what updates them during the day. Without the client activating the colony, nothing will change. Once we visit, the client processes the time we last visited to the current time and simulates like it was running the whole time.

If I visit another player's colony, it does not process, but I just see what was there their last visit. Once they visit, it will update the numbers.

I am pretty sure you know all this, but wanted to state it again for anyone new who might be reading.

I have noticed that the updates do come slow at times when we do visit. I have seen that same issue of the research not updating right away.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: ISB/Colony/OSB not updating

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 pm

RAM wrote:I am pretty sure you know all this, but wanted to state it again for anyone new who might be reading.

I have noticed that the updates do come slow at times when we do visit. I have seen that same issue of the research not updating right away.

Yep, I know this; which is why I'm reporting a bug. The update does not seem to be happening. Even if I try to force an update by powering off/on a building or module, which used to work, the information displayed does not update.