Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Systematic Exploration

Postby Mooncrest » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Does anyone have a method to systematically visit all systems in a Sector?

I would like to help with the search for a suitable planet to act as a hub for Sol Invictus as describe by RAM in the Politics Forum. However, I find that trying to systematically survey all the systems in a Sector to be impossible.

I have only surveyed my own systems up to now, but if we want exploration to be a viable 'career' for pilots, then I would think that a method to do a systematic survey of a Sector would be vital.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Systematic Exploration

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:55 am

I start at the bottom of the sector and work my way up. Seems to make it easy to see and jumping within the sector doesn't take a lot of fuel.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:06 pm

RAM wrote:I start at the bottom of the sector and work my way up. Seems to make it easy to see and jumping within the sector doesn't take a lot of fuel.

I guess that it my eyes then 'cos no matter where I am in the Sector I find it difficult to determine whether or not a system is in the same Sector and I find it very frustrating when I click on a system which I think is in the same Sector and it jumps to another one. I try and move the grid. but I just cannot see if the grid lines move behind or in front of the star.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:49 pm

I do have to do some rotating of the grid to make sure I am in the same sector. It can be a little tricky. I often rotate it 360 degrees to find the next system to jump into.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories