User

Loke

Rank

Lt Commander

Lt Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

NPC behaviour

Postby Loke » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:14 am

NPCs have always been a bit difficult to understand how exactly they are "thinking". But they are quite trusthworthy workes if they are put on a task where everything is prepared perfectly to the ways they work. For example moving sick people to hospital: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3402&start=10#p32072

I have always wondered in what order they prioritize moving different items between SMs when there are more than one that is higher priced at buyer SM. But i have never been able to see a pattern they actually follows. Today I noticed that they had moved the items that are on top of buyers SM first.
So it seems they start buying up to half of the buy order of the item on top of buyers SM, then move on to the second when they have capacity left. This is still only a theory, as I have only observed it when NPCs moved stuff from osbtek to warpless trade. I have now changed the order of buy orders at warpless trade to see if I can get them to buy the once at top first, as this would be very useful in making them work more efficently and to get what I need first.

Has anyone else tested this?
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar

Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: NPC behaviour

Postby RAM » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Another interesting prospect. I hope it pans out.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories