General Elections

Discussion of in-game politics. Please post "In character" in here, IE as in your game persona or character. This is not for discussion ABOUT the game or about politics in the game, but actual political debate.
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

General Elections

Postby Mooncrest » Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 am

Although Pilot Citizen numbers seem to have fallen lately, we sould still have this year's General Elections. This will allow the active PCs to maintain some semblance of control over the inhabited systems.

Since nothing has been heard from the UNCA for some time, I am getting a but concerned that our rights to elect PCs to govern the Outer Systems is being revoked by stealth. I assume that the UNCA is taking control of inhabited systems that have lost their PC representative to inactivity. Soe systems. particularly Prime and Menel 3, in which I am very much active, need to have a PC in control.

I call upon the President to try and make contact with the UNCA supremo and arrange the elections.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Re: General Elections

Postby RAM » Fri May 17, 2019 4:19 pm

I am Senator in Menzel 3. I agree Prime is an issue.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Mon May 20, 2019 5:20 pm

I was thinking after terraforming was released would be a good timing for next election, but since that doesnt seem to happen any time soon, i support Moons suggestion to get a election going again.
If I remember correctly we agreed on elections every 6months? Now its been like 3 times that.

/Loke

Edit:
Sorry, cant resist "fixing" RAMs post :lol:
RAM wrote:Senator in Menzel 3 is an issue.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Tue May 21, 2019 5:51 pm

The challenge of triggering a general election is who will be president?

Any volunteers?
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

I think the prime candidates for President are RAM, Rhaven and Loke. These guys seem to be the most dedicated players.

I'm not sure that there is much for the President to actually do at this time. The number of active players is very low and there is little chance of any changes being made to the game in the foreseeable future.

I proposed trying to hold elections, primarily, so that Senatorships of Systems could be sorted out in case new Jump Gates needed authorisation.
User

Rhavenwing

Rank

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Near a beach on an Island

Postby Rhavenwing » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 pm

I am afraid I must respectfully decline a nomination for President. I will be taking a break from the game soon due to time and money constraints...I will, however, be back. I am not sure I can shake the addiction.
Cheers!
Rhaven
The 11,000Hz ringing in my ears is competing with the voices in my head!!
Senator of Nox Astrum, Stella Splendorus, and a few more.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Thu May 23, 2019 2:55 pm

I don't want to run again either.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Do we need a president? Without some UNCA activity its not really anything a president can do. Doesnt matter which president the UNCA isnt replying to. President has as much power as a mayor at this point.
President election didnt trigger a result last time. If it still doesnt work we can just ignore president election?

Senators is what is useful, cause of gate approvals. Which is why I support Moons suggestion of an election.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Postby RAM » Sat May 25, 2019 12:31 am

Loke wrote:President election didnt trigger a result last time.

T2 was implemented in the Local Markets. WE actually got some new NPC commands, but they had to be backed out because of one error. Most are working and ready to go. A new president might be able to feel motivated to press the UNCA to reinstate them minus the one not working.

There is also the hope to gate Sol I.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Postby Loke » Sun May 26, 2019 10:19 am

Yeah, YOU were able to do something, RAM. All of it needed a respons from UNCA though, which for most of us has been impossible to get for the last 3 years, even when bows has been eaten by bugs. So why become president when all you can do is wait for a respons that never comes?
Id love to be proven wrong about this, but this is the situation from what I can see (Im not seeing stuff behind the scenes though).

Not sure why you mention NPC commands which are game development, and therefor should not be part of politics. Mixing in-game politics with gamedevelopment excludes those not interested in politics from gamedevelopment. Not everyonen enjoys the politics, and that shouldnt exclude them from other things.

I still hope we can get a election to get new senators, i dont care who becomes president or if we dont get one.

/Loke
Next