inner 9 NPCs stop rendering after 24 hours of doing nothing

This is where you can suggest new features and discuss upcoming features.
User

ForumBot

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 am

inner 9 NPCs stop rendering after 24 hours of doing nothing

Postby ForumBot » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:11 pm

It looks bad and in my opinion is abusive of NPC functionality when people park them at stations just to advertise their bases or colonies. That's why after a certain amount of time, these NPCs should stop rendering for other players after 24 hours.
Joined on May 6, 2014
Formerly known as newuser12980
Discoverer of Nexus
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Re: inner 9 NPCs stop rendering after 24 hours of doing noth

Postby Mooncrest » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:29 am

ForumBot wrote:It looks bad and in my opinion is abusive of NPC functionality when people park them at stations just to advertise their bases or colonies. That's why after a certain amount of time, these NPCs should stop rendering for other players after 24 hours.

We have a problem here because lots of NPCs are controlled by inactive players. Plus, we have no mechanism to recall NPCs when they have become redundant.

I think that all NPCs controlled by a player who has been inactive for, say, six months should be 'demobbed'. That is, the ship returns to SS Plato Hangar and the pilot returns to the player's pilot pool. Both these mechanisms are in place, they just need to be linked. This would, also, enable active players to command a recall of an NPC , if it were coded as a NPC Command. This would mean that players could clean up their NPCs for themselves. I am sure that we all have NPC pilots in obsolete ships or stuck somewhere; I have six NPC pilots stuck on Ceres; to where they, somehow, moved of their own volition.
no avatar
User

RAM

Rank

Captain

Captain

Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:36 am

Postby RAM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:39 pm

I suggested a bribe feature to Jam where we can bribe inactive NPC and get them to come work for us. He liked it, but not sure if he has time to implement it. Ship renaming would need to be added too. Low on the priority list. Algae is next. Hopefully, soon after that is Micro purchases like a silicon filter. SOmewhere in there, we need to get NPC eject and NPC ship rename. I keep begging.

Oh, I told him he owed me and he had to add system senator name to display at Main star warp point.

Still waiting on those things.

If we get all that, I will start pestering him to fix the remove structure feature at OSB, or add a ship computer command to do that same. This will allow us to remove more than 3-5 structures at a visit before it locks up.

Oh, yea. There is also other player repair at OSB Shipyard feature to be added. Jam said he wanted to do that. Just has to find the time.

Like so many things. Time and priority.
"The UNCA is not your boss!" ~ Jessica Steele
Fan Fiction from an old timer - RAM Memories
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:44 am