Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Asteroid Accretion

Postby Mooncrest » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:25 pm

I have a large asteroid field that is taking me a few days to harvest. Some asteroids in this field are now only a few days old, but they show a mass of 4 million + which has, in the past, indicated that the asteroid is old enough to harvest. Now I seem to be wasting time harvesting asteroids that I would rather leave.

Has something changed?

We do need a mechanism to indicate when an asteroid is suitable to harvest. Although the indicated mass is random is was, for me at least, a good enough indicator that an asteroid was about right to pick off.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Asteroid Accretion

Postby Loke » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Mass, heat time and visual size grows for a week, then its reached its max. Only Yeild keeps growing after that. At least that how it used to be.
I always finish mining all roids in 1-3 days for a field. After a week there is no way to see any difference between 7 days old and 3 years old roids, so mininhg in that feild becomes a waste of time. Just have to move on to the next field. Therefor I never even start mining if I dont have a lot of time to play.
Would be much better if it was increased to a month of grow time, then you can mine half a field one weekend and then finish it the next weekend. Fields with 70-80 roids take quite some time to mine :)
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427
User

Mooncrest

Rank

Commodore

Commodore

Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:19 pm

MITH Menzel 3

Postby Mooncrest » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Loke wrote:Mass, heat time and visual size grows for a week, then its reached its max. Only Yeild keeps growing after that. At least that how it used to be.
I always finish mining all roids in 1-3 days for a field. After a week there is no way to see any difference between 7 days old and 3 years old roids, so mininhg in that feild becomes a waste of time. Just have to move on to the next field. Therefor I never even start mining if I dont have a lot of time to play.
Would be much better if it was increased to a month of grow time, then you can mine half a field one weekend and then finish it the next weekend. Fields with 70-80 roids take quite some time to mine :)

I agree that that is how is used to work. However, after three days I cannot tell visually the difference between new roids and old ones. I used to be able to tell from the indicated mass. Roids at 4 million or over were the old ones. Now, it seems, they can indicate 4 million after three days. I still see roids less than 4 million, so it seems to me that some how the indicated mass of an asteroid increases too fast.

I know that the indicated mass is random number generated when the asteroid field is rendered, because i have tracked sole Prom roids in a field and know that their indicated mass slightly changes up and down from visit to visit.
User

Loke

Rank

Commander

Commander

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Postby Loke » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm

I see. I will try to discover a tiny field with only a few roids and see if I can follow the growth of them. I havent checked anything like this in a long time. i have also used the 4m+ as an indicator for grown once, since that used to be the mass of the smallest almost round once. Big dog bone shaped used to be 18-20m. While largest fresh once were 1m. # dyas used to be the limit before I found it too much hasle to figure out which to mine and not.
Callsign: Fraaggii or Loke
Senator Loke of Primo Spe, 8086, New Horizon, Skadi, Darkfield and Niu Heimar
Statistics for Nio and Tin prices: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3427